• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep

Mirth

Explorer
OOC: Just wanted to post that I'm still here. Real Life took control of me in unexpected ways for the last few days, I'll try to post something tomorrow or Monday...

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Cordo said:
On Pyior's turn he will race after Khajom yelling "Khajom! Fight to subdue!"

After moving 20' towards the rhodin (1 standard move) Pyior stops, selects a target that doesn't have cover, and uses a diminished mind blast.

OOC: I've changed my spell selection the next morning as I had previously planned to do so.
Khajom snickers as he hears the faen's shout.

Rybaer

First Post
The charge is on. Khajom is the first to break into a quick run, but the fleet-footed Pirythanis soon overtakes him. Danwyn (presumably) and Ys-Baddaden hurry right behind.

Osric moves purposefully toward the rhodin, stringing an arrow and lofting it over his charging companions. The arrow misses just a bit high. [roll (11+2=13, miss)]

The rhodin appear somewhat surprised at the charge, but their demeanor suggests that they are unafraid. Bloodthirsty grins cross their faces as they hurl their spears. [Against Pirythanis - roll (9, miss) and (6, miss); against Khajom - (6, miss)] Undaunted by their spectacular display of spear-hurling ineptitude, the trio draw their axes and prepare to meet the oncoming charge.

Pacing Osric, Pyior grips his staff and executes a magical incantation. An invisible beam of mental energy takes one of the rhodin squarely between the eyes. [ranged touch attack roll (20+3=23 hit, verify 15+3=18); crit damage for diminished spell (3+4=7 subdual)] The rhodin drops his axe and lets out a short cry of anguish before collapsing on the ground unconscious, hands gripping his head.

Khajom and Pirythanis come barreling into the two remaining and startled rhodin. Khajom leaps upon one, trying to drag him to the ground. The rhodin bats his axe at the litorian, but fails to connect. [aoo roll (8)] Khajom successfully grabs the rhodin's scale armor, but the rhodin shakes himself free of being grappled. [charging grapple roll (9+1+2=12 touch, hit); hold (9 vs. 16, fail)]

Pirythanis charges the other rhodin, but his blow is batted aside with its shield. [charge attack roll (7+3+2=12, miss)]

Danwyn comes charging in beside Khajom and rains a mighty blow down upon the rhodin, taking advantage of its distraction from the litorian's attack. It's axe arm is nearly severed and the rhodin drops in a spray of blood. [charge attack roll (19+4+2=26; crit verify 11+4+2=17, hit) - damage (3+4+6=13)]

Osric continues to move forward, drawing another arrow while watching two of the three rhodin drop. He spies an opening between Pirythanis and the last rhodin and lets fly. The arrow slices through its leg, doing minimal damage. [roll (15+2=17, hit) - damage (1+1=2)]

Ys-Baddaden charges the last rhodin right behind the arrow. The rhodin's visage of hatred appears to be cracking. There is a split moment of fear as it watches the giant's morningstar come crushing down through his shield and into his shoulder. It collapses instantly. [charge attack roll (11+4+2=17, hit) - damage (5+4=9)]

rangerjohn

Explorer
Rybaer said:
The charge is on. Khajom is the first to break into a quick run, but the fleet-footed Pirythanis soon overtakes him. Danwyn (presumably) and Ys-Baddaden hurry right behind.

Danwyn comes charging in beside Khajom and rains a mighty blow down upon the rhodin, taking advantage of its distraction from the litorian's attack. It's axe arm is nearly severed and the rhodin drops in a spray of blood. [charge attack roll (19+4+2=26; crit verify 11+4+2=17, hit) - damage (3+4+6=13)]

QUOTE]

Well, I had posted, I was taking cover and using the bow. But the gods decree Danwyn will be a great swordsman, whether he wishes or not. :)

Rybaer

First Post
rangerjohn said:
Well, I had posted, I was taking cover and using the bow. But the gods decree Danwyn will be a great swordsman, whether he wishes or not. :)

[ooc - d'oh! I think your quoting of my prior post threw me and I missed it at the bottom. Worked out okay this time. I'll also blame it on being out of town for 5 days.]

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Khajom kicks the rhodin that Danwyn had killed. "Should have known we'd see some rhodin before long. They're all dead, right?" He eyes Pyior warily.

Rybaer

First Post
[ooc - 75XP each for the extremely-brief-due-to-two-criticals-in-opening-rounds encounter]

Two of the rhodin are on the cusp of death. The third is completely unscathed, lying unconscious on the overgrown road. All three wear beastscale armor and were carrying shields, battleaxes, (thrown) shortspears, and small sacks slung over their backs. A quick rummaging through their belongings nets a small assortment of unpleasant foodstuffs, a few personal items, and about 17 GP in mixed coin.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads