• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

August - What are you reading?

Tetsubo

First Post
Virtuous Reality: How America Surrendered Discussion of Moral Values to Opportunists: Nitwits, and Blockheads Like William Bennett by Jon Katz

Wombat

First Post
Michael Tree said:
I'm reading Sherman Alexie's The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven. It's bleak, depressing, hillarious, and beautiful.

Oh man, is that a great book! I love most of his material :)

And I have decided to take the plunge and voyage once again (third time through) with Jack & Stephen -- Master & Commander is back in my hands. ;)

sckeener

First Post
I forgot to post in this thread...I finished Julie Kenner's 3rd book about the Demon hunting Soccer mom....or "Demons Are Forever: Confessions of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom (Paperback) by Julie Kenner (Author)"

Chain Lightning

First Post
Hey guys, quick question here. I'm kind of in the mood for reading something very D&D. So I'm thinking, hey....why not read a D&D novel? Now, I've read the Justicar & Escalla books. On the light hearted side. Kind of like a Joss Whedon TV show I guess....for lack of a better comparison. But I'm in the mood for straight up adventure pulp. It doesn't have to be deep and thought provoking. Its just gotta be good adventure stuff.

As I pass the D&D book section, there are so many to choose from. But I saw the "Fighter" series of books. They look like they're self contained and disposable. Might just be what I'm looking for. Thing is, are they any good? Has anyone read them? I think one was called "Ghostwalker"....another "Master of Chains"?

If anyone has read them, can ya give me a quick review? Was thinking of picking up one.

-thanks

demon_jr808

First Post
Trying to finish The Citadel of the Autarch, the fourth book in the Book of the New Sun series by Gene Wolfe.

Right now, focusing on Kushiel's Chosen, second book in the Kushiel series by Jacqueline Carey.

Mystery Man

First Post
I closed Gardens of the Moon around page 200 and don't plan on picking it up again. :\

I'll try some of the other books mentioned in this thread.

Tetsubo

First Post
Mystery Man said:
I closed Gardens of the Moon around page 200 and don't plan on picking it up again. :\

I'll try some of the other books mentioned in this thread.

Recently I started a new book while at the laundromat with my wife. By the twelfth page I had complained about four major disagreements with the author. My wife points out that maybe I should stop reading it. I agreed... smart woman... :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads