Automated Initiative Tracker

Fanaelialae

Legend
I have just uploaded Automated Initiative Tracker to the downloads area.

I wanted a way to easily handle initiative that is rolled every round, so I hacked this Windows program together. It hides the turn order by default, although you can make it show who goes next using the settings tab (or view the entire turn order for that round from the Override window).

Like I said, this was hacked together in a few hours, so some options might be non-obvious, and it's built for utility rather than aesthetics.

To install, just unzip and run the setup.exe file.

In the Setup window, you can set the value of the Status column by hitting the corresponding letters (n = None, a = Advantage, d = Disadvantage). The Fixed column allows you to set a static initiative (intended for Lair actions), and these will always go on the turn count equal to their Initiative Bonus, always losing ties.

In the Tracking window, you can use the left and right arrow keys to move through the initiative order. Once you check the Is Dead checkbox for a creature, it will no longer show up in the turn order (you can add it back by going to the Override window and unchecking Is Dead for that creature).

In the Override window, you can change the existing values that are being used for the current round you are on (which means, if you rewind to a previous round you could change those values, though I'm not sure why you'd want to). If you delete a creature's initiative roll and leave the cell, a new initiative will be rolled for that creature automatically (if you specify a value, it obviously won't). The Modifier column is simply for breaking ties. Creatures that tie for initiative continue to make initiative checks against each other until the order is determined, at which point the Modifier value is set, determining the order. I realize that isn't the official 5e method for breaking initiative ties (which is unmodified d20 rolls) but it's the method I prefer and it made it easy to code (I just use a recursive method).

Disclaimer: While I welcome feedback, this is offered "as is".

You can find the file here in the downloads section. Please use this thread for comments.

Fanaelialae

Legend
UPDATE 9/24/16 - Version 1.3

Added the ability to change fixed initiative values in the Override window by changing the Initiative Roll (this will also change the Initiative Bonus).

Added a Break Ties checkbox in the Settings window. If this is unchecked then tie breaking will follow the official 5e method (roll off using unmodified d20 rolls without advantage/disadvantage). Note that this checkbox is CHECKED by default.

Remove ads