Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game Kickstarter is live!

The Kickstarter for Magpie Games' Avatar: Legends RPG has launched and is hurtling towards $1M in its opening hours. Set in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and The Legend of Korra, this tabletop roleplaying game includes a free quickstart which you can download today. Update — it hit $1M in the first few hours, making it the fastest ever TTRPG Kickstarter to do so. Update -- after...

The Kickstarter for Magpie Games' Avatar: Legends RPG has launched and is hurtling towards $1M in its opening hours. Set in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and The Legend of Korra, this tabletop roleplaying game includes a free quickstart which you can download today.

Update — it hit $1M in the first few hours, making it the fastest ever TTRPG Kickstarter to do so.

Update -- after less than two days, it has made over $2.3M, already making it the biggest TTRPG Kickstarter ever (with nearly a month yet to go!)

9981ccd83ca099727cc5c12299cc7d7a_original.jpg

Avatar Legends: The RPG is a heroic fantasy game set in the universe of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra in which you and your friends take on the role of young heroes from across the Four Nations who have joined together to make the world a better place. It’s a game for people of all ages who want to look at the world beyond the scope of the existing stories and explore the meaningful actions heroes take for the good of others.

Aldarc

Legend
The twitter thread doesn't go anywhere. Could you elaborate?
I'm not sure if the Zak S controversy is still off-limits. @Umbran likely can weigh in. But the long story short is that Satine Phoenix is one of Magpie's guests in the "celebrity" game of Avatar Legends, and her own role in the Zak S controversy is murky and complicated. So her own inclusion in the game is a potentially controversial decision by Magpie Games, who (one would think) would want to "play it safe" for this IP.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm not sure if the Zak S controversy is still off-limits. @Umbran likely can weigh in.

Mod Note:

This thread is not about Zak S. Making it about him would be a Bad IdeaTM

But the long story short is that Satine Phoenix is one of Magpie's guests in the "celebrity" game of Avatar Legends, and her own role in the Zak S controversy is murky and complicated.

Since it is murky, I would caution people against arguing over it. People may have strong feelings, but definitive evidence is scarce or non-existent. And that generally means it would become a topic that would itself descend into toxic behavior on both sides.

Folks are free to make up their own minds. Getting into an argument about it here, however, is not going to make anything better.

Crusadius

Adventurer
For those excitedly waiting for this project to start shipping, Shipping is starting for Australian and New Zealand backers.

I myself have just received a notification so expect to receive my goodies within the next 2 weeks.

Remove ads

Remove ads