Gloomhaven RPG Crowdfunder Hits $1M In First Hours

Miniatures, a new boardgame edition, and an RPG.

Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 12.03.41 AM.png

Not that it was a surprise, with nearly 70,000 pre-launch followers, but the crowdfunding campaign for the Gloomhaven RPG, miniatures, and more hit a million dollars in the first few hours. It's billed as the 'Gloomhaven Grand Festival' and is for a new edition of the boardgame, a ton of miniatures, and an RPG.

For $30 you get the RPG core rulebook, for $130 you get the second edition of the boardgame, for $325 you get the full set of miniatures, and for $550 you get everything.

The current record holder for a TTRPG crowdfunding campaign is Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game from Magpie Games. So far, Gloomhaven has had a better first day than that campaign. Could it break Avatar's record of $9.53M?

Longspeak

Adventurer
Yeah... I'll check back when there is more info on the RPG. The Board Game (and board games in general), doesn't matter to me.

CapnZapp

Legend
While there certainly is nothing illegal about this, I get very dodgy shifty feelings about getting away with the bank for a roleplaying game with essentially zero details.

Yes, we know it will have cards instead of dice, and yes, we know the cards will have been augmented with out-of-combat applicability (compared to Gloomhaven), but...

...such a miserable level of specific details needs to be called out. Imagine an unknown actor pitching a similar game and it would definitely be a scam.

Remove ads

Remove ads