Gloomhaven RPG Crowdfunder Hits $1M In First Hours

Miniatures, a new boardgame edition, and an RPG.

Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 12.03.41 AM.png

Not that it was a surprise, with nearly 70,000 pre-launch followers, but the crowdfunding campaign for the Gloomhaven RPG, miniatures, and more hit a million dollars in the first few hours. It's billed as the 'Gloomhaven Grand Festival' and is for a new edition of the boardgame, a ton of miniatures, and an RPG.

For $30 you get the RPG core rulebook, for $130 you get the second edition of the boardgame, for $325 you get the full set of miniatures, and for $550 you get everything.

The current record holder for a TTRPG crowdfunding campaign is Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game from Magpie Games. So far, Gloomhaven has had a better first day than that campaign. Could it break Avatar's record of $9.53M?

For around 400 bucks you can get over 600 miniatures. That alone is worth it if you can afford it, IMHO.
Sure, but the quality will be CMoN board game mini level though. If that appeals to you it’s a fantastic deal.

I backed several Reaper Bones miniatures campaigns for similar quality minis. However, I wouldn’t back for a tonne of minis that quality any more as the shallow detail makes them not that great for painting up.

I have an MBA in marketing.... And they are getting by on their name, not anything to do with this campaign. You literally said that.... So I'm not sure what you're arguing?
Totally agree. Gloomhaven is regarded as one of the best board games ever, so there will be plenty of people willing to back Project X from the same creator if that was literally all they knew about it.

They’re succeeding in spite of their marketing of this particular campaign.

Clint_L

Hero
Sure, but the quality will be CMoN board game mini level though. If that appeals to you it’s a fantastic deal.

I backed several Reaper Bones miniatures campaigns for similar quality minis. However, I wouldn’t back for a tonne of minis that quality any more as the shallow detail makes them not that great for painting up.
Hmmm...can't agree about the quality of Reaper miniatures; there are good and bad ones, but overall the quality is very good, especially with the new Bones Black material, which holds edges almost as well as the metal originals. I have painted a lot of Reaper and they are one of my favourite miniature producers!

I think the sculpts for this KS look to be high quality as well, and have an excellent design aesthetic.

Hmmm...can't agree about the quality of Reaper miniatures; there are good and bad ones, but overall the quality is very good, especially with the new Bones Black material, which holds edges almost as well as the metal originals. I have painted a lot of Reaper and they are one of my favourite miniature producers!

I think the sculpts for this KS look to be high quality as well, and have an excellent design aesthetic.
Apologies, I should have been more specific. The minis from the first few Reaper Bones campaigns were the lower quality ones.

I agree that the Bones Black material is definitely much better and a step up in quality, with much sharper details and edges.

Remove ads

Remove ads