Gloomhaven RPG Crowdfunder Hits $1M In First Hours

Miniatures, a new boardgame edition, and an RPG.

Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 12.03.41 AM.png

Not that it was a surprise, with nearly 70,000 pre-launch followers, but the crowdfunding campaign for the Gloomhaven RPG, miniatures, and more hit a million dollars in the first few hours. It's billed as the 'Gloomhaven Grand Festival' and is for a new edition of the boardgame, a ton of miniatures, and an RPG.

For $30 you get the RPG core rulebook, for $130 you get the second edition of the boardgame, for $325 you get the full set of miniatures, and for $550 you get everything.

The current record holder for a TTRPG crowdfunding campaign is Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game from Magpie Games. So far, Gloomhaven has had a better first day than that campaign. Could it break Avatar's record of $9.53M?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
As I said in the other thread, I think they could have gotten more with:

A shorter timeline
A PDF of the RPG
A LOT more info on the RPG
More than 30+ monsters in the bestiary

I feel, from what tiny bit we can glean from the RPG, that they are doing the minimum (which seems impossible given the list of people working on it).

all that said, sure, they'll hit 2MM easy, IMO.

TrickyDUK2

Explorer
If I understood the pledge levels and the timeline correctly, then you can pledge for $1 and spread the cost out. For example, I am interested in the 2nd edition Gloomhaven and miniatures but the pledge manager for the board game doesn’t close until Jan-24 (7 months away) and for the minis Dec-24 (18 months away). Will be keeping an eye on this as that makes this more appealing to me (if I‘ve understood correctly).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The current breakdown of pledges is interesting.

RPG Core 116
RPG Deluxe 1105
Boardgame G2E 961
Minis Base Set 139
Boardgame FH 265
Minis Full Set 872
Ultimate (RPG, Boardgame 2E, Minis Base) 93
Big One (as above but more minis) 794

I looked at it yesterday and wasn't sure you could even run the RPG without the cards in the deluxe set. Or are the cards the same from the board game and if I have that I use those?

Plus looks like the RPG has a long fulfillment time. I was excited, but now just in a wait and see what other info comes out.

Dire Bare

Legend
I looked at it yesterday and wasn't sure you could even run the RPG without the cards in the deluxe set. Or are the cards the same from the board game and if I have that I use those?

Plus looks like the RPG has a long fulfillment time. I was excited, but now just in a wait and see what other info comes out.
It would surprise me if the cards are required, as you can purchase the game without them. I'm also pretty sure the RPG cards are not the same cards from the board game.

Clint_L

Hero
For around 400 bucks you can get over 600 miniatures. That alone is worth it if you can afford it, IMHO.
If you are starting a collection, it’s great. But the vast majority of those miniatures are identical copies of the same sculpt, which is much less appealing when you already have a large collection. I like a lot of the sculpts and would back if they had a “one of each sculpt” tier.

Remove ads

Remove ads