Sialia

First Post
Welcome to my Avatars thread. If you are interested in getting an Avatar, please post a nice request with a clear, clever concept that is not a portrait.

I don't charge anything, but I do love constructive feedback and a nice credit line.

-----------------------------------------

[original post starts here:]
Ok, so, it's 1 am, and I just finished my last final for the summer semester.

Yee frickin' haw.

I am going to go fall down hard now and sleep for a very long time. Then i'm going on a week's vacation, way the heck offline, preferably in a place with no electricity, plumbing, or phone access where I can dip my naked toes in a stream and get some sun on my face.

When I get back, I might finish up my Defenders website. or I might write up the Greatest Pulp Fantasy Storyhour of All Time.

Or, I might draw you an avatar.

So, amuse me. Send me a concept for an Enworld Avatar you'd like me to doodle. Remember, we've only got 64 x 64 pixels here to work with so keep the concept graphically simple. Anybody asking for full character portraiture will get sneered at.

If you want to see what I can do, go take a look at Ashy's brand spankin' new face. Shiny, eh?

You know you want one.

Make me want to give it you.

Last edited:

veinglory

First Post

My names 'veinglory'

I would love anything that goes with the general gothy vampiricicity suggested by the name.

pleeeeze

Sialia

First Post
Veinglory, I really like your art.

I can't imagine doing something for you that wasn't at least based on one of your sketches. Your line is as good as a signature--it has immense presence and character. Your avatar needs that.

(Well, I can imagine, but it would look like one of Georgia O'Keefe's morning glories, only done in the black and purple she used for her petunias. Morning Glory. Veins. Gothy Black. Veinglory. But I'm not sure that would be as good as adapting something you began.)

Is it ok if I fool around with one of your pictures for a bit?

If so, feel free to put anything up in your art thread that you want me to think about.

Sonikal, I think I can do that eye for you, but it might have to wait until I get back from break. I like your current Avatar just fine, and haven't thought of a cool way to top it, so I'm gonna fool around with Veinglory for a bit first. Hope you don't mind!

Ferret

Explorer
Could you draw My Ferret in a hat, like the one I've bodged together, seeming how I already have one it isn't as important, but it would be darn cool

Sialia

First Post
but . . but . . that's a terrific avatar! I've always loved that ferret in a hat!

I'll think about it, but I'm not sure I can realy improve on it--it's simple, reads well at small size, and expresses personality and humor in a striking way.

It's a good face.

I like the rough quality of it--smoothing it out wouldn't increase the amount of character you get across.

It's got kitch.

veinglory

First Post
happy me

I have a really crap avatar I use at devainat art (http://patter.deviantart.com/) which is actually based on a picture of mine call 'lucifer morningstar' -- how's that for syncronicity. My trouble with avatars is their 'littleness' -- I just can't cope with it for some reason. I would really appreciate your help with this! let me know if I can return the favour somehow.

Sialia

First Post
hmmmm. How about something like one of these?

If none of these work for you, give me an idea of what colors you like.

I actually really like the grayscale of the pencil--I particularly like your use of white over the graphite--but I haven't quite found a way to make it "pop" on the gray background. yet.

The gray is defiitenly grittier, more lower Manhattan and less Hawaiian.

Attachments

• veinmany.jpg
    veinmany.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 605
Last edited:

Sialia

First Post
or these--these are better, I think.

more you, less me.

I especially like the tan and white in the amulet--when i have more time I think I'd try to use the headshot one and make it look more tan and white than gray and white, maybe.

Or maybe you should do it . . .

Attachments

• veinmany2.jpg
    veinmany2.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 557

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Re: Who wants an Avatar?

Sialia said:
Or, I might draw you an avatar.

So, amuse me. Send me a concept for an Enworld Avatar you'd like me to doodle. Remember, we've only got 64 x 64 pixels here to work with so keep the concept graphically simple. Anybody asking for full character portraiture will get sneered at.

Ok, I'm game.

The concept - a knight's helm fallen to the ground - it should appear cracked, worn and tarnished.

The colors - black and red with some white.

Cheers!

KF72

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases