Baron Opal

First Post
Delightful, I'm glad to see you are still interested in doing this.

I'm torn. I love the mind flayers and having a custom 'flayer avatar would be awesome. However, I would also like one tied to my handle. A round signet ring, gold, with a large black opal as the stone. Preferably with deep glimmers of green, blue, and some red.

What do you think, Sialia?

Sialia

First Post
Sadly at 64x64, we lose a lot of glimmer. Here's a draft, both big and avatar sized. Is this what you had in mind?

Attachments

• opalring.jpg
    opalring.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 81
  • opalring-big.jpg
    opalring-big.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 51

Sialia

First Post
Also, I started this sketch of a flayer a long while back and never finished it. Is it soemthign that interests you? If you're not in love iwth the ring, I could noodle around with this a while.

Attachments

• oldmaster.jpg
    oldmaster.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 54

Sialia

First Post
getting closer, I am , I think.

You can't really read the embossed illithids on the sides yet, but you get the idea.

I'll see if I can clarify.

Alternatively, a motto would be pretty easy to add. You'd have to supply the text.

A signet ring should have some engraved part suitable for pressing in wax.

Attachments

• signetembossed.jpg
    signetembossed.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 65
  • signet.jpg
    signet.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 57

Baron Opal

First Post
Thank you for your efforts, I really appreciate it. The ring isn't doing anything for me. I really like the metallic illithid, however, and if you wanted to develop that into an avatar, that would be cool. I also like the pose of your unfinished work. That could be a good avenue to explore as well.

Sialia said:
I think I want to illustrate your guppy, but I'll see what I can do.

If you still have that itch, my son would love it! :)

Remove ads