• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Baron Opal

First Post
Delightful, I'm glad to see you are still interested in doing this.

I'm torn. I love the mind flayers and having a custom 'flayer avatar would be awesome. However, I would also like one tied to my handle. A round signet ring, gold, with a large black opal as the stone. Preferably with deep glimmers of green, blue, and some red.

What do you think, Sialia?

Sialia

First Post
Sadly at 64x64, we lose a lot of glimmer. Here's a draft, both big and avatar sized. Is this what you had in mind?

Attachments

• opalring.jpg
    opalring.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 82
  • opalring-big.jpg
    opalring-big.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 52

Sialia

First Post
Also, I started this sketch of a flayer a long while back and never finished it. Is it soemthign that interests you? If you're not in love iwth the ring, I could noodle around with this a while.

Attachments

• oldmaster.jpg
    oldmaster.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 56

Sialia

First Post
getting closer, I am , I think.

You can't really read the embossed illithids on the sides yet, but you get the idea.

I'll see if I can clarify.

Alternatively, a motto would be pretty easy to add. You'd have to supply the text.

A signet ring should have some engraved part suitable for pressing in wax.

Attachments

• signetembossed.jpg
    signetembossed.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 66
  • signet.jpg
    signet.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 60

Baron Opal

First Post
Thank you for your efforts, I really appreciate it. The ring isn't doing anything for me. I really like the metallic illithid, however, and if you wanted to develop that into an avatar, that would be cool. I also like the pose of your unfinished work. That could be a good avenue to explore as well.

Sialia said:
I think I want to illustrate your guppy, but I'll see what I can do.

If you still have that itch, my son would love it! :)

Remove ads