• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Avenger Multiclass Feats

renau1g

First Post
Yes don't discount Refocus Enmity or the fact that this is only use at-wills for a level 30 PC, who has a bunch of dailies and encounter powers. At level 28-30 I'm sure most enemies are at least elite if not solos so as you pointed out, more destructive. Again, this is with the most broken at-will in the game (well I guess you could argue twin strike vs rigtheous brand). I do agree the ranger needs a tweaking as the static modifiers are where the damage comes in not from the Dex bonus that you lose by twin striking.

FireLance

Legend
Yes don't discount Refocus Enmity or the fact that this is only use at-wills for a level 30 PC, who has a bunch of dailies and encounter powers. At level 28-30 I'm sure most enemies are at least elite if not solos so as you pointed out, more destructive. Again, this is with the most broken at-will in the game (well I guess you could argue twin strike vs rigtheous brand). I do agree the ranger needs a tweaking as the static modifiers are where the damage comes in not from the Dex bonus that you lose by twin striking.
Actually, most ranger encounters and dailies don't do that much more raw damage - perhaps a few extra [W] damage, and you get back the ability score bonus to damage. Blade cascade (up to 5 attacks) is the real damage dealer, followed by possibly cruel cage of steel (3 attacks), and you don't need more than two rounds to pull both off.

Ryujin

Legend
I'm just imagining a Ranger with the previously mentioned FR background, Warlock and Avenger multis, and the Called Shot and Prime Punisher feats, using Twin Strike :eek:

Skallgrim

First Post
I'm just imagining a Ranger with the previously mentioned FR background, Warlock and Avenger multis, and the Called Shot and Prime Punisher feats, using Twin Strike :eek:

Try just imagining anyone with a Jagged High Crit Weapon and Hero of the Faith.

This feat is just too good. My barbarian would love it, as well as my fighter. Why not put the oath on the bad guy with the most hit points each encounter, and then just hit (and crit) away on him?

It's way more effective than any other multiclass feat (by itself, I'm sure some of the others are part of a really heinous combination), and it's not that hard to take.

Please let them "fix" this feat before I crack and take it on a character (because it will be SO WEIRD roleplaying someone who had this feat and then lost it):

"Eh, I used to swear out Oaths on monsters to kill them quick, but now, I just sit back and enjoy the combat a little more. I guess I'm mellowing out."

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Is it really unusual for fighters to have a 15 wis? My dwarf fighter has a 16 wis at first level (Str 16. Con 16. Wis 16, Dex 13, Int 10, Chr 8), and it sure seemed pretty normal to me. I mean, a lot of fighter abilities are tied to wisdom, including a class ability.

I'd love to take that second feat :) Though it's not like a dwarf fighter is short on heroic tier feat choices...

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Is it really unusual for fighters to have a 15 wis? My dwarf fighter has a 16 wis at first level (Str 16. Con 16. Wis 16, Dex 13, Int 10, Chr 8), and it sure seemed pretty normal to me. I mean, a lot of fighter abilities are tied to wisdom, including a class ability.

I'd love to take that second feat :) Though it's not like a dwarf fighter is short on heroic tier feat choices...

I build high wisdom fighters too... but I think brv and axe fighting make higher con more "normal"

Turtlejay

First Post
I brought this issue up because I am kind of considering it for my fighter. All of his dailies and encounters are multiple targets, I wanted him to project a very large threat on the battlfield. Downside is, in small or solo fights he is much reduced in power. This feat would mean that even though he would be down to Brash Strike in solo fights, he would hit often enough to contribute. I don't think I would try this feat with some of the cheap tricks pointed out in that charop thread posted here.

Jay

ChristopherA

First Post
Funny thing is, I thought Disciple of Divine Wrath was already too good compared to other feats. I mean, it gives you the equivalent of +5 to hit for two rounds of every combat, and you can concentrate your best encounter and daily powers into those two rounds.

And now Hero of Faith is even better!

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
If those two rounds are concentrated dailies and encounters on 1 enemy ...and he dies.. even if you have hero of faith .. thats identical isnt it?

If you decide you can afford not to use quite so much resources because you have HOF and he manages to last longer and maybe do more damage.. then HOF well... is that a lot better? Its certainly funner because you still have some dailies for interesting use later.

Last edited:

Turtlejay

First Post
Good point. I think the true brokenness comes into play when you can get more than one oath or transfer it, as indicated in those charop cheesefests. If the feat had additional wording prohibiting the transfer of the oath, or somesuch thing, It would only be a little worse. Maybe it should be paragon (though I realize that kind of breaks the mold for multiclass feats, right).

Jay

Remove ads