Avenger Multiclass Feats

Turtlejay

First Post
In the Compendium there are two:
Disciple of Divine Wrath [Multiclass Avenger]

Prerequisite: Wis 13
Benefit: You gain training in Religion. Once per encounter, you can use the avenger’s oath of enmity power. The effect lasts until the end of your next turn.
In addition, you can wield avenger implements.

Hero of Faith [Multiclass Avenger]

Prerequisite: Wis 15
Benefit: You gain training in one skill from the avenger’s class skills list.
Once per encounter, you can use the oath of enmity power. You do not regain the use of the power if the target drops to 0 hit points.
In addition, you can wield avenger implements.

It looks like they are almost identical, but does the second one really let you use the oath of emnity until the oathed target dies? The lack of that line looks like the only difference.

If so, wow. What fighter *wouldn't* take this. Or ranger.

Jay

Shin Okada

Explorer
It looks like they are almost identical, but does the second one really let you use the oath of emnity until the oathed target dies?

Reading the text in Divine Power, yes, it seems so. Really strong feat indeed.

If so, wow. What fighter *wouldn't* take this. Or ranger.

Having wisdom 15 could be a harder choice for many fighter or ranger builds. Still, it looks like a very strong feat. Strength-based Clerics & and Wildblood Wardens can qualify the prerequisite easier. Looks sweet for some Paladins, too.

But maybe not so ideal for defenders as their job is to lock-up opponents, preferably multiple of them at a time.

aurance

Explorer
The first feat is already more powerful than the standard Ranger and Rogue MC feats. The second feat is just absurd.

Eldorian

First Post
The first feat is already more powerful than the standard Ranger and Rogue MC feats. The second feat is just absurd.

Yup. 15 wis is pretty tough, but the feat is crazy good. The guy who plays our avenger said that the feat is better than being an avenger, which is sorta true.

renau1g

First Post
Yes this feat is way too good and makes Avengers mostly obsolete, especially in a ranger's hands. Don't forgot on top of it you also get a skill selection of your choice from the Avenger's good skill list. There are some ridiculous builds on the CHar Op boards about easy ways to abuse this feat.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
do you have a link so I can watch the train wreck.. I am getting too horrible of visions and hoping it isnt so dark.

In theory an avenger can do it again and again and again.... but the feat only lets you (75% attack chances) on one enemy per battle. ie... my paladin lets himself be possessed by vengeance (goes all killing machine precise) then falls back to fighting normal.

People have been complaining that having there dailies go swish was not fun.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
do you have a link so I can watch the train wreck.. I am getting too horrible of visions and hoping it isnt so dark.

In theory an avenger can do it again and again and again.... but the feat only lets you (75% attack chances) on one enemy per battle. ie... my paladin lets himself be possessed by vengeance (goes all killing machine precise) then falls back to fighting normal.

People have been complaining that having there dailies go swish was not fun.

Which is why I went Bard multi and then Grave caller; so that I could get the roll twice for encounter and daily powers at 16th. Little did I know that a book would come out, that would give me that ability from the moment that I took a multi.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
One of the forgotten realms backgrounds lets you have two other class multis.. and a language to boot. ... make a human from there.. for that extra feat and extra skill goodness and feel the multiclass shivers begin. If my paladin didnt have his feat tax (mighty challenge) it could be Paladin with Avenger / Barbarian right away.

I read a book that had a ranger type who would enter a self hypnotic trance he called "hunters mind" in it his perceptions changed to an incredible degree.. the quarry mechanic only seemed like it was doing part of "hunters mind"

I actually kind of like it ...

Ryujin

Legend
One of the forgotten realms backgrounds lets you have two other class multis.. and a language to boot. ... make a human from there.. for that extra feat and extra skill goodness and feel the multiclass shivers begin. If my paladin didnt have his feat tax (mighty challenge) it could be Paladin with Avenger / Barbarian right away.

I read a book that had a ranger type who would enter a self hypnotic trance he called "hunters mind" in it his perceptions changed to an incredible degree.. the quarry mechanic only seemed like it was doing part of "hunters mind"

I actually kind of like it ...

Haven't seen that background anywhere. I just had a look through the FR Players Guide and couldn't find it. It would certainly be interesting.

*EDIT* Nevermind. Found it in Dragon 376; Windrise Ports Regional Benefit

Last edited:

Remove ads