• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Avenger Multiclass Feats

Istar

First Post
I am picking this feat at level 11 for my Rogue:

Half Elf Brutal Daggermaster Twin Strike M/C Avenger.

Go thrown dagger initially, and then oath a target when needed.

15 Wisdom gimps me, Half Elf gimps me, but at Level 11 it all comes together, as you are mainly interested in Criting with this build.

Mellee Twin Strike 2 attacks STRENGTH based, but roll twice per attack, thats 4 chances minimum on your target to reach the 15% Daggermaster Crit range.

Then Stack up on Blood Iron Dagger and all the Crit feats.

At level 21 pick up feats "Refocus Enmity" and "Mighty Enmity" and you have up to 3 oath targets per encounter.

I call him the "Highrolling Half Elf", its not optimized but you get to roll heaps of dice which is kinda fun.

Pickup feats and items and powers that give you extra atatcks.

And a bonus is you can use the Avenger "Symbol of Victory" to get an extra Action Point per day.

Last edited:

Gortle

Explorer
Any errata yet?

I find it hard to believe they still haven't errated Disciple of Divine Wrath. For clarity if nothing else.

The Disciple of Divine Wrath (DoDW) feat says until the end of your next turn. But the Oath of Enmity(OoE) power has a condition whereby you regain the use of the power. But that is a separate power that you have to take another action to use.

Is the regained power :
a) Not possible because the entire effect duration wording is replaced by the wording of DoDW and the OoE can't be regained.
b) A continuation of the old OoE limited by DoDW and under the same turn limit?
c) A new OoE limited by DoDW and under a fresh turn limit?
d) A new power and new instance of OoE that is not limited at all by DoDW?

Some people have argued that DoDW only allows you to use the power once per encounter. But this is clearly wrong as gaining it once does not stop you from gaining it again by another means.

The principle specific rule beats general rule, doesn't help as we have 2 specific rules and no way to determine priority.

I can make a guess based on game balance probably b) or comparison to Hero of Faith then c)

But it is clear on the forums that different groups play it differently. That is fine but my group alternates GMs so we try to play as close to RAW as we can. Has anyone heard anything official on this?
:-S

Gortle

Explorer
Errata

It is errated: only lasts until you hit the enemy for the first time...

Since when I can't find it only the official errata page

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Official D&D Updates Archive)

Hero of Faith has been errated but that wasn't what I asked. That does make me want to go with interpretation b) above though.

Hero of Faith
Page 144: Replace the second sentence of the second
paragraph with the following text. This change is necessary
to limit the power of this feat.
“The effect lasts until you hit the target or until the
target drops to 0 hit points. You cannot switch the
target or extend the duration of the power in any
way.”
Benefit: You gain training in one skill from the
avenger’s class skills list.
Once per encounter, you can use the oath of enmity
power. The effect lasts until you hit the target or until
the target drops to 0 hit points. You cannot switch the
target or extend the duration of the power in any way.
In addition, you can wield avenger implements.

Since when I can't find it only the official errata page

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Official D&D Updates Archive)

Hero of Faith has been errated but that wasn't what I asked. That does make me want to go with interpretation b) above though.

Hero of Faith
Page 144: Replace the second sentence of the second
paragraph with the following text. This change is necessary
to limit the power of this feat.
“The effect lasts until you hit the target or until the
target drops to 0 hit points. You cannot switch the
target or extend the duration of the power in any
way.”
Benefit: You gain training in one skill from the
avenger’s class skills list.
Once per encounter, you can use the oath of enmity
power. The effect lasts until you hit the target or until
the target drops to 0 hit points. You cannot switch the
target or extend the duration of the power in any way.
In addition, you can wield avenger implements.

Its listed in the Compendium - and its the errata'ed version.

Also, just IMHO, when it says it can only be used once per encounter, thats what I would take it to mean literally - even of the OOE power states that you regain the use of the power if your target dies. That to me, seems to *specifically* trump OOE's listed abilities. YMMV.

Gortle

Explorer
Its listed in the Compendium - and its the errata'ed version.

Also, just IMHO, when it says it can only be used once per encounter, thats what I would take it to mean literally - even of the OOE power states that you regain the use of the power if your target dies. That to me, seems to *specifically* trump OOE's listed abilities. YMMV.
So are they going to release it in the official errata?

Remove ads