• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Awakening Apocalypse - Shadowrun 5E setup discussion (Recruiting)

Shayuri

First Post
We don't have a dedicated face, I don't think. Casper has a little skill in negotiating, but it's a secondary skill at best.

I will say too, that going by the example of our first mission, a face would be pretty handy too. Some social engineering could have added a lot of options to that run that we just didn't have available to us with our current antisocial gang. :)

Rubberneck

First Post
Yah CB you've been helpful to me in the other games that we are involved in so I'll do my best to help out where I can.

I play Saint, ex military, handy with guns and all around badass. Your idea for being the social one is intriguing considering we are more of run and gun type crew. Could open more doors having a silver tongued bandit with us. Just make sure that s/he can fight too :)

Shayuri

First Post
Thanks!

We're playing with time a little, putting the Great Ghost Dance at the moment of the Awakening, but I kind of like it. I sort of ran with that, putting in implications that the two events were linked, perhaps even intentionally (by some).

Er, also, what's the karma tally for the run again? It read like we were ditching the player awards and going with a flat amount for all for now, yes?

Last edited:

I don't see a rogue's gallery. Since I do see a post from Mosier saying that the only people who should know a character's stats should be the player and the GM, I'm hazarding a guess that there isn't a RG for this game. I'd gone searching for one to try to see what holes I might fill.

I've read the OOC thread and will start skimming both the Shadowrun 5e hardcover, as well as the IC. Tentatively, I'm leaning toward human for race and face for role. More from me in a day or two.

Mosier

First Post
Thanks!

We're playing with time a little, putting the Great Ghost Dance at the moment of the Awakening, but I kind of like it. I sort of ran with that, putting in implications that the two events were linked, perhaps even intentionally (by some).

Er, also, what's the karma tally for the run again? It read like we were ditching the player awards and going with a flat amount for all for now, yes?

For now, yes. Everyone got 10 karma from the last run.

Expect an update in the game thread in a few hours. See you there!

Remove ads