• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Awakening Apocalypse - Shadowrun 5E setup discussion (Recruiting)

Mosier

First Post
Actually, do ya'll have a rigger?

Riggers break the rules for availability upgrades for starting players, but everyone is about to get options for rating 6 gear, so as long as you stick with the lowest-tech control rig you'll be fine.

Edit: by "rating" I mean "availability". Sorry for the confusion! The "AVAIL" stat on gear should be limited to 6 or less. I believe I made have used the term "rating" when I was talking about "availability" in my email with you, CB.

Last edited:

Mosier

First Post
Street level play rules give 75,000 nuyen if the player chooses Priority A: Resources. A rating 1 control rig is 43,000 nuyen.

Shayuri

First Post
Ah, ok, I thought you were giving extra karma to make up for the fact we weren't giving karma to one another anymore.

Canadienne, one possibility would be to make a 'rigger in potentia.' A hot shot driver or operator who has some cyberwear but hasn't got a control rig...YET. :)

McLaren Unser, or "Mac" to her colleagues, is a Rigger. The Unser family resides mainly in Colorado Springs, Colorado, but the family's historic ties to Indy car racing mean that Mac spends the majority of her time in Indianapolis, where she works in Arizona Racing's garage. She's a mechanic, dabbles in mechanical engineering, and is a wanna-be driver, but Indy car motorsports has been slow to accept a woman driver. And while the Unser family is racing royalty, Mac's daddy fell out of favor decades ago. Work in the garage is unreliable at best, especially for a 20-year-old Rose Hulman Engineering dropout. Mac needs her kicks. She gets them shadowrunning.

Priority A Skills 46/10
Priority B Attributes 20
Priority C Metatype (Human 5)
Priority D Resources (15,000 nuyen)
Priority E Magic/Resonance --

So, yeah. If I'm going to be able to afford a control rig for Mac, I'll need to bump up Resources on her priority list. I'll work on her more over the weekend. And if I can't get her to jive the way I want, I'll ditch her and maybe go for my alternate concept, which is an elf adept of some species. Even with Mosier's limitations on magic, I'm interested in exploring that avenue.

Mosier

First Post
The first post for Shadowrun: Awakening Apocalypse - Chapter 2 will be up tomorrow evening, Monday 6/1/15. CanadienneBacon, if Mac's character sheet is not ready before then, we'll introduce her into the game at the first opportunity.

At this time, everyone please reset your damage tracks and spent Edge, to show no damage and full Edge.

Availability 6 items and below may now be purchased. Please let me know whether you'll be buying any new gear or spending any karma.

I will see if I can finish Mac this evening, or at least get her sheet worked up well enough to merit inclusion on Monday. I am chaperoning girl scouts on an overnight trip this weekend and am without my books.

Mosier

First Post
Sounds fun! Don't worry if everything isn't perfect. If you have something in the general area of "almost finished" we can include Mac in the first posts, she'll just auto-fail any dice rolls. That's probably not a big deal either, as the first couple of pages in the last chapter had very few dice rolls between all the characters.

Remove ads