[Azyra] The Blue Fish Tavern

battlebiscuit

First Post
A Brief Mystery

As the evening draws onward, patrons come and go. The tavern gets a little livelier as time marches on, then begins to die off. Before the majority of the patrons have dwindled, the tavern door opens and an elderly woman, dressed in very fine plain white robes, steps inside. Emblazoned on the chest and hood of her robe are a golden semi-circle sunburst with an inscribed compass. Grunting as she closes the door behind her, she barely manages to close it on her own. The woman then walks directly to Tor, the tavern keeper. As she walks, her sharp eyes dart from person to person as she walks by. There is a fierce intensity behind her drooping eyelids, and though she moves with the feebleness of a person well beyond her normal span of years, the glint in her eyes belies a severe purpose.

After having but few words with Tor she nods slowly then passes immediately into the back rooms of the tavern where the kitchen and other quarters would be located. A serving girl glances at the old woman as she walks past but Tor quashes her unspoken question with a sharp grunt.

drahciir

First Post
As Drahcir looks up from another delicious dinner. He notice a strange woman walk in, talk to the bar keeper, then go in the backroom.

Drahcir asks a nearby serving girl "Who is that woman who just walked in and went in the back room?"

rwelle

First Post
An oversized half orc pushes the door to the tavern open, looking about the room slowly as he makes his way to the bar. He clears his throat as Tor glares at him, as if daring him to speak.

"Uh, I'm not here for trouble. Father Mical sent me from the temple. Said it's time for me to do some good for Senathi instead of living off of her. I'm new to this though, I was hoping you could point me in the right direction? I can fight pretty good, but Father Mical said I'm too big. Says I'm easy to hit and slow. He's right of course, I'm not as fast as the other Inquisitors. Guess that's why I'm here instead of out hunting bounties like the others. Sorry, I babble when I'm nervous. I'll stop now. Oh, and my name is Ukr'luch. Father Mical says it's dwarven and it fits me perfect."

He leans over, resting his elbows on the counter. Multiple weapons hang from his pack and body, as does a sturdy wooden shield. His armor is in well-repair but is antiquated, belonging in a museum rather than being worn into possible danger.

[sblock=DM]Ukr'luch is Dwarven for Useless[/sblock]

drahciir

First Post
Drahcir walks over to the half orc,

"Hello, the name's Drahcir, i couldn't help but notice u walk in. I heard what u said, I am also looking to do some good. I have been waiting in this tavern for some time now, waiting for others such as you for help. In well helping others who are in need wherever that may be.

rwelle

First Post
"Hey Drahcir. I'm Ukr'luch, you can call me Uke. Who do you serve? Are you here for money or something more?"

Uke turns to a barmaid, "Excuse me, could I get some food? Father Micah said I could trade services for food and a place to rest? I wouldn't do be able to do anything special, just some dishes and maybe move kegs for you?"

The barmaid appears a little taken aback by the massive half-orc's proposition, looking to Tor for assistance. "What? Oh. Yes, if Father Micah sent him it will be fine. Have him move those barrels that just came in down to storage."

Uke's forked and pointed ears perked up at this. "Um, could I get two orders of your lamb stew? And a side of bread? Oh and some priest's ale. I think that should be good. Thank you!"

Last edited:

battlebiscuit

First Post
The serving girl hurriedly whispers to Drahcir, "I've never seen that woman before, but I do recognize the robe. They've been here before, sometimes alone, sometimes in pairs. I don't know who they are, just that they have some arrangement with Tor to use his personal room from time to time and to come and go as they please." She pauses only a moment then continues to weave her way through the tavern.
[sblock=ooc]I think we should use "Magenta" for general females (not person-specific) and "Deep Sky Blue" for males, primarily for any non-vital (story-central) people. If nobody objects to that of course. We can keep it simple and consistent that way. It won't tell you if a person can be a "vital" or not, just that they're more-or-less in the background.[/sblock]
[sblock=rwelle]I can begin dm'ing the tavern for the new story now, a bit at a time, so I'll control Tor if that's no bother =D. Did some quick erasing to avoid posting a paradox after yours. lol[/sblock]

rwelle

First Post
[sblock=DM]Whoops, my bad! You definitely have control, shouldn't have done Tor's interactions, want me to remove it so you can? Sorry! Definitely agree on the colors for the 'non-vital' characters. Good idea! btw, Uke is a fighter who was trained as an inquisitor but never passed the exams when it came to the laws or knowledge.[/sblock]

drahciir

First Post
"I serve no one, i have come here to help, and protect those in need. What ever that may be, so that what happened to my home doesn't happen again."

A look of pain and anguish flashes across Drahcir's face.

"How about you?"

rwelle

First Post
"I serve Senathi, but as one of her lowly servants I have to report to Father Micah. I'm too low to be a weapon of hers." Uke takes a bite of his bread, dunking it in his stew as he says, "What happened to your home?"

battlebiscuit

First Post
[sblock=Players]Go ahead and keep roleplaying, or do what you need outside the tavern; You'll have a few days to spend in the city before 'something' happens (if you have a trade, you can find day-labor positions through various head-hunters.) Just indicate what you'd like to do and I'll go from there. The 'adventure' will begin this weekend once I get the other people ready and on the forum.[/sblock]

Remove ads