• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

5E B1: In Search of the Unknown (IC)

Raunalyn

Explorer
Nemaer frowns, quickly reaching forward and placing his hand on Ragnar's shoulder.

"I don't think that's a good idea friend. Let me look this over and see if it's trapped, and then I can open it for you."

Nemaer leans down and inspects the lock and the door, trying to see if the door is trapped and locked.


OOC: If I don't see anything out of the ordinary, I'll check to see if the door is locked. If it is, I'll attempt to pick the lock


[roll]1d20+1[/roll] Perception
[roll]1d20+7[/roll] Thieves' Tools


edit: It doesn't look like the die roller is working for me for some reason.
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Trapped?" Ragnar replies with obvious shock. "I didn't even think about that."

OOC: I took that into account; just trying to get the action moving. I can take the damage if necessary. :)
Edit: Remove the blank spaces so the rolls work. Like (roll)1d20(/roll) except with the proper [ ] symbols.
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Loran will move into the cavern with the rest of the party, and stands ready for whatever may be on the other side of the door.
 

Kiraya_TiDrekan

Registered User
OOC: Apologies for the lack of posting last week. I was sick and am only now recovering. On with the show!


The door is neither locked nor trapped, though Nemaer does see indications that the door has been forced open and then shut again. An upper hinge is broken and the outer edges of the door are splintered.

Beyond the door is a corridor, 10 feet wide and extending beyond the range of the light spell. There are alcoves on either side of the corridor about 20 feet beyond the door. The stench of stale air and death permeates the corridor.
 
Norbrit continues through the door and down the corridor, stopping at the intersection to use his darkvision to take a look around.
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Loran will walk behind Norbrit, and cast prestidigitation to improve the smell of the corridor, and create a bit of airflow with small gusts of wind.
 

Advertisement

Top