• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Babylon 5: Outrageous Fortune

Leif

Adventurer
Kirth Warren

Kirth just listens as Ash tells her (and his?) tale, bolting down copious amounts of scotch the whole time. "Ciminy, Shadows? What sort of people have I fallen in with?" he thinks.

Friday

First Post
Vector's eyes widened as he listened to what Ashley said. As a 'runner, he traded in scavenged tech but he had a healthy respect for it...not like Raive did, Vector wasn't about to put any of that stuff into his body..no matter the benefits.

"Shadow tech? Out here? Is this something to do with the plague? Do you think you can use this stuff?"

Vector sat back, taking a deep breath and looking at the odd group before him.
"Alright, you've piqued my interest. What do you want me to do?"

Vertexx69

First Post
Croft comes sloshing over to the table with a plastered look of unadulterated innibriation. He sits down at the table but is obviously more interested in what is, or is not still in his pocket. "Yah...that black tech was ....bad. It was chock full of .... all kinds of ...badness." The sound of the young Centari's forehead hitting the table attracts a bit of unwanted attention. The waves of cellubrious cheer seem to be following the trader, but start to dissipate once he loses consciousness.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The narn proprietor, whose demeanour has been set to "silent hostility" since Croft walked into his business, gives a snort of disgust and switches on the viewscreen at high volume. The bombastic theme music common to current affairs programs blares out. An asiatic human woman appears on screen.

"I'm Kathy Sakura, here with my All-Seeing Eye, Max", she gestures to the camera, which bobs as its wielder nods in acknowledgement. "Tonight on LNN we'll be asking the question: Is President Kevik considering joining the Interstellar Alliance? We investigate rumours that Kevik has been in secret talks with the ISA, and what that would mean for Lison independence."

Leif

Adventurer
Kirth Warren

Kirth does his best to tune out the blaring vidscreen, and mentally prepares to leave, because he figures that his friends will want to move the discussion to a less oppressive environment. (Kirth has never liked LNN anyway, preferring the anchors of Stoat News Channel.)

Shayuri

First Post
Ashley glances at the screen, but actually seems to like the noise cover.

"Our mission here is to find out who's using the Shadow tech and shut them down. If we discover anything that's of use against the plague, great, but that's not our primary goal. My team visited Lison once before, when we met Raive. In the process of all that, we discovered this..."

She produces a small image of the Shadowtech artifact on her PDA and shows it to Vector.

"It was supposedly Tal tech recovered from the planet surface. Analysis showed otherwise. Have you ever seen anything else like this, and if so where?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Friday]
I don't remember exactly what details I primed you with. Vector has seen these before, but not "in the flesh" - a few have been bought back from the surface by various oxygen runners including Raive's team but they have a habit of disappearing from the market very quickly. A couple of possible leads: Brenda Bhatnagar is one of Raive's old team-mates who was there when Raive found the one he passed onto the junk dealer Sethyk (also now missing). You also know that a pak'ma'ra tech dealer named Quaisak came into possession of one yesterday.
[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC - its a good thing Croft is unconscious. He would be very upset if he noticed he had walked into a Narn establishment of any kind, how embarassing. :p

Friday

First Post
A sense of unease ripples through Vector on looking at the image on the PDA.
"May I?"
He gently lifts it out of Ashley's hands and looks more closely, one slender finger tracing the shape as though he could feel it through the screen. He stops, quickly handing it back.
"Yes, I've seen that before. Raive found one of them, but I guess you would know that...he passed it on to a friend of his, but I haven't seen or heard from them since..."
Vector narrowed his eyes.
"I'm going to make a bit of an intuitive leap here...did you have something to do with that? His name was Sethyk, he was a Cascor and a brilliant tech-head"
He toys absentmindedly with the metal fragment on his wrist.
"Look, I know someone who might have one of these things, another dealer. Maybe I can set up a meeting?"

[sblock=GM]If Vector has the opportunity, can I have him place a call to Qualsak under the premise of having an interested buyer for his piece of tech? And, if possible, during the conversation can I steer it towards how he acquired it? In a manner suggesting I want to do the same? Vector's Intrigue isn't marvellous, but his Bluff ain't bad![/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads