• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Backporting the Pit Fiend

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
tomBitonti said:
Ok, I should 'fess up, I'm probably not moving up to 4E, although, I will probably get the three core books.

That being said, there are nice features in 4E, and the monsters are at least new and different. I'm looking to find features, including monsters, that I can use in a 3.5E game.

Why not buy Paizo's " Classic Monsters revisited instead ? It should be out fairly soon.

JoelF

First Post
I'm not sure why you'd want to convert it to 3.5. I'm strongly leaning towards not converting to 4E, but wouldn't want this in my 3.5 game (maybe as something other than a pit fiend, but certainly not as the same monster it's being presented as.)

Last edited:

Wolfspider

Explorer
Gundark said:
Thread derailment warning!!!

I predict that you will be switching. As will a lot of these others who I see claim they'll mine 4e for ideas/house rules. The million dollar question is where is the point that you've borrowed so much you might as well be playing 4e? Or maybe the correct statement should be you'll be borrowing 3.5 stuff for your 4e game.

Thread derailment over!!!!

Was there a purpose to this post other than being insulting? :uhoh:

I swear, comments like this make me want to avoid 4e altogether just out of sheer spitefulness. :p

Ashardalon

First Post
Counterspin said:
Krazy, the designers have explicitly said that's not the case, though I'm not willing to look up the quote this late.
Well...

ENWorld said:
Chris Perkins on the rate of advancement: power level is increasing (although not by a "startling" amount); 20th level in 4th Edition is a little more powerful than 20th level in 3rd Edition. However, you'll reach 30th level in the same time you used to reach 20th level --

"The way character advancement works now, it takes fewer encounters to gain a level, but it takes roughly the same length of time to reach 30 levels in 4th Edition as it takes to reach 20 levels in 3rd Edition. The rate of level advancement is still being playtested, however, so the jury's still out on whether the final game will work this way.

One of the goals of 4th Edition is to make high-level play as fun, balanced, and manageable as low-level play, and to make high-level characters as easy to create and run as low-level ones. Comparing high-level 4th Edition characters to high-level 3rd Edition characters is not an apples-to-apples comparison because they're built very differently. However, there isn't a startling increase in overall power level from a 20th-level 3rd Edition character to a 20th-level 4th Edition character "​

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads