Bad Movies You Liked

JeffB

Legend
I liked all 3 of the Conan movies.

I enjoy John Carter (despite the massive deviation from the way Carter as a character, and Barsoom as a culture is written by ERB). My biggest pet peeve is the fact that the greens of Barsoom have forward facing eyes..WTF?

To put it mildly, I'm not a fan of Prequel or Disney Star Wars. I did not go see "Solo" in the theatres because I took reviews and my growing disgust for the other Disney films to heart. But I enjoyed Solo on Netflix. It's horrible as a film about Han Solo, but it's a fun Star Wars romp.

I like Clash/Wrath of the Titans (Wrath, moreso than Clash)

Love the Percy Jackson series.

Bakshi's LOTR is fantastic. I love the Orc animation. Love it.

For that matter, I enjoyed the animated Hobbit.

Narnia series? Yep.

Maleficent. Fun take on the character.

Solomon Kane. Super fun.

Richards

Legend
I enjoy John Carter (despite the massive deviation from the way Carter as a character, and Barsoom as a culture is written by ERB). My biggest pet peeve is the fact that the greens of Barsoom have forward facing eyes..WTF?

Nope, those things you mentioned made me hate the movie, not only because I couldn't get past the horrible changes they'd made but also because by making a crappy, high-budget Barsoom movie they made it unlikely a good Barsoom movie will ever get made. (I still think the only chance to get an accurate Barsoom movie made will be via Pixar or a similar animation company. And this time, let's not just put the green Barsoomians' eyes on the side where they belong but can we keep also them 15 feet tall?)

Johnathan

Ryujin

Legend
Nope, those things you mentioned made me hate the movie, not only because I couldn't get past the horrible changes they'd made but also because by making a crappy, high-budget Barsoom movie they made it unlikely a good Barsoom movie will ever get made. (I still think the only chance to get an accurate Barsoom movie made will be via Pixar or a similar animation company. And this time, let's not just put the green Barsoomians' eyes on the side where they belong but can we keep also them 15 feet tall?)

Johnathan

Dejah Thoris not being "clothed only in jewels" was a rather large disappointment ;)

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
You sir,are one of the few that I've come across to say that.
I literally just wathed Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters last night, those are fun movies to watch and I read that there is a series being talked about. I've now bought the books so I'm going to read through those.

Narnia is awful. When I was still studying, some of the people from the studio responsible for the effects came to give a lecture at my school, and they shared some funny stories about the production. They told us how the director at a whim just wanted more CGI tossed in, even when it seemed completely redundant. The most blatant example being celebration scene with the random mermaids leaping in front of the camera. They asked the director if the mermaids were really needed, but they were told to 'just do it'.

It took a lot of work getting the big battle to look right. It involved so many CGI creatures, and it didn't seem the director had put much thought into how it should all look. They explained how CGI looks best when used in moderation, and when combined with practical effects. But what they got to work with was just an empty field with one child actor, and they were asked to turn that empty field into a massive battle. That simply doesn't work, no matter how talented the studio is. They kept being told, more creatures! Make it bigger!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases