Bad Movies You Liked

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
The 'Double Dragon' movie.

Seriously.

Does it contain any epic masterpieces of acting? No. But look at the world-building in the setting... a dystopic cityscape where gangs rule the streets and curfews happen at night. Problems are solved with violence, usually street-fighting and martial arts and (almost?) never with guns.

The Jack City commercial.

And Alyssa Milano.

There are times when the DD movie feels like what the Super Mario Bros movie TRIED to be, but the SMB movie has no business being.

Hah, I loved the Super Marios Bros movie, yet another bad movie that I liked. I can't really recall double dragon, just a vague memory now.

Undrave

Legend
The 'Double Dragon' movie.

Seriously.

Does it contain any epic masterpieces of acting? No. But look at the world-building in the setting... a dystopic cityscape where gangs rule the streets and curfews happen at night. Problems are solved with violence, usually street-fighting and martial arts and (almost?) never with guns.

The Jack City commercial.

And Alyssa Milano.

There are times when the DD movie feels like what the Super Mario Bros movie TRIED to be, but the SMB movie has no business being.

Yeah it was a bonkers movie but it had its own internal logic and was super charming in its own goofy way.

5ekyu

Hero
Recently I inflicted Doc Savage Man of Bronze on an unsuspecting crowd on a partial cancel game night and it was a hoot. (Cue music by JP So*U*S*A*.

Course it then led to lotsa discussions about "no, Doc Savage preceded those things you think came from later works" and "who is Ron Ely.

Odd note, the same night we played it there was a tragic event at Eky's home that made news. That was freaky.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Bruce Willis film? If it's the one I'm thinking of then yeah, loved that movie. It was fun.
That's the one. I think people were expecting "a Bruce Willis movie" and it really wasn't that. It's was surreal and dreamlike around the edges. Anyway, yeah, I liked a lot too.

They Live...Absolutely LOVE that movie, but it didn't do well at the box office.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick a$$ - and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Remove ads