• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bag of Holding Q

kirinke

First Post
well.
since it does create undead entities and is evil. Chuck the thing into the nearest dimension portal to the plane of positive energy. ^_^

or take it out in the middle of no-where (preferably really inaccessible, set up as many traps and magical narstiness as you can and leave it.

nookleer

First Post
Obvious answer

I like these discussions, as well as the perceptions of the people in this thread.

However, the answer to this question is simple and the arguments are all moot.

First and foremost, an artifact is an object of immense power. Placing it into any space for a prolonged time is going to have consequences in the long run.

Back to the main issue, what occurs depends on what exactly the artifact does...

- If the artifact generates the wraiths itself, so that they literally come out of it, then the wraith can easily crawl out of the opening to the bag of holding, particularly since the wraith can fit through the small hole.

- If the artifact "teleports" the wraiths, the answer is even more obvious. A bag of holding is technically 'non-dimensional' space. I prefer to think of it as the expansion of space so that volumes are affected, meaning that the objects actually have their "space" compressed, so that if a bag of holding was see-through, you could see the stuff floating inside and "smushed". Of course, volume and distance are two different things, especially where magic is concerned, and the 'non-dimensional' space doesn't technically HAVE any significant distance inside it. This means if the artifact summons a wraith even one foot away from itself, they'd be appearing OUTSIDE OF THE BAG.

Either way, holding an ARTIFACT is dangerous no matter how you look at it. And even if they pierce the bag to release the artifact into the Astral Plane, I imagine it won't be the last they hear of it.

palleomortis

First Post
OK, I missed somthing. What is a wraith cannon? Oh, and how did you get that many postest there mister, uh...NightFall. How long have you been on here?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads