D&D General Baldur's Gate 3 will now be releasing August 3rd on PC and September 6th on PS5, increased level cap, race & class details and more

Ondath

Hero
Speaking of Wyll, he is really failing to be interesting. There should be material there, but... meh.
His story was entirely rewritten compared to Early Access, and I think stuff they added after EA does lack some polish. People regularly complain about Halsin and Minthara being underwhelming as companion options, and I have to admit, I liked Wyll's earlier, more gruff voice more.

I don't see it as a spoiler, folks might want to know before hand, to plan for it, but not go to spoiler thread. Maybe there should be a minor spoiler thread.
There's no level on which it's not a spoiler. It's a bigger spoiler than anything in the spoiler thread that isn't spoiler blocked, actually. I have no idea why you haven't fixed it but maybe you need to go on ignore for a few weeks if you think it's cool and refuse to fix it.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
That's house rule. There is nothing in the spell description that would cause someone to believe their "new best friend" that the other guys who are attacking them are friendly. More likely, they would assume their "friend" was the victim of magic.

If an enemy casts Charm on a PC do you require the entire party to change sides?

I'm saying the NPC who sees the caster as their "new bestest friend in the world" might take their word over anyone elses and may hesitate at the least or possibly even try to subdue. It would be a a skill check or 2 to get the New Friend to listen to you perhaps in the heat of battle. Them acting normally accept against the caster is almost pointless... well in combat.

And is not available to clerics, like Shadowheart. Casting Friends gives -5 points rep. Cast it often enough and members of that faction will attack you.

I've abused the hell out of Friends and never got a Rep hit. Maybe thats only on Tactical difficulty though

Eis

Explorer
so I got Laezel out of her predicament, then went to long rest without talking to her, which meant she was gone before I could recruit her

did the entire act 1 area, really spent time there, and when I was just about to leave found her laying dead, didn't think to use revivify scroll until after I had already looted her body but she did agree to join the party, standing there in her underwear:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I failed to get Karlach at all. the quest timed out on me. Though Wyll get more intersting later as his backstory stated to impact the plot.
Wait what? Quests can time out? That ratchets up my anxiety.

Like the Druids are ready to flee at any moment! But I have to wait a couple levels to deal with the Goblins..... and Im looking for Karlach...

Remove ads