• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bards: Arcane or Shadow?

cdrcjsn

First Post
Kobold Avenger said:
Bards won't be primal since every example I've seen of the primal power source, has been something quite elemental in nature. Nothing the bard had matches primal from the examples I've seen, pretty well everything points to arcane.

Primal could mean many things and we haven't really seen a definitive direction the developers are going.

If primal just means basic fundamental forces, then it could be applied to anything.

Barbarians could be considered primal by drawing on the basic, bestial nature inherent in all creatures.

Druids are primal because they manipulate the primal forces of nature and the elements.

Bards can be considered primal because they manipulate basic emotions and passions.

Belorin

Explorer
From what I gather from R&C and W&M, Primal has to do with the essence of the animals, plants and other natural objects, thus Druids tap into the animal's essence that they want to change into, while the Barbarian channels the animals fury.
A Primal leader say a Shaman, uses the essence of animals or natural objests to buff/enhance or heal his allies.
The Primal controller (Summoner) calls upon the beasts to attack his foes or rocks, plants and mud to hinder his movement.
Just a suggestion.

Bel

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads