• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bards, Badass or Not

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I''m curious: Can you say a bit more about this? The bow is strung higher than can normally be drawn, but with rage we go to town?

More likely when you rage you forfeit the extra damage because 3E hates archers and a decent priced strength adjusting bow is rarer than starmetal. Which is why I mentioned Whirling Frenzy, so you at least get an extra attack out of the deal. Otherwise, as Nifft said, regular rage would be more of a "Plan B" if forced into melee/grappling.
Yep yep. Barbarian is useful for four things:

1/ Longbow proficiency.

2/ +10 ft. movement (use this extra movement to run away from melee).

3/ d12 HP and a reasonable skill list.

4/ Rage (1/day panic button) -- helps cover your bases: extra HP, implicit boost to Fort saves, explicit boost to Will saves, and a bonus to melee or Str based skills.

Cheers, -- N

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Implicit? Some people actually think it doesn't boost fortitude saves? I know it doesn't just come right out and say, "+2 fortitude saves." But neither does an Amulet of Health +4, doesn't make it any less explicit in what the con boost means.

/nitpicking

Cavall

First Post
A boost to con would boost all relative stats, including fortitude. That save is based off your Con bonus, and if that bonus changes so would the save.

Theres nothing "implied" there. Its outright stated in the most basic of rules.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Implicit? Some people actually think it doesn't boost fortitude saves?
"Implicit" does not mean "secret" or "poorly understood", so you're not making any sense here.

I know it doesn't just come right out and say, "+2 fortitude saves."
This is exactly what "implicit" means: not just coming right out and saying something.

Seriously, go look it up. You won't gain any nitpick points if you are the only one making a mistake about a word's meaning.

Ciao, -- N

Remove ads