• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Basic Game cover mockup

TheBlueKnight

Explorer
So has anyone done something similar for the DM Basic Rules?

Greetings, My Lord.

If you download the PDF(s) here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=1088

Open said PDF file in Adobe Reader. Click the icon along the left side that looks like two overlapping squares.

You will find a layer that says "DM's Basic Rules". Turn that layer visibility on by clicking in the white box to the left of it's name until an eye appears there. Then turn the layer visibility off for the layer "Player's Basic Rules" by clicking the eye to it's left. Then pick which cover art you wish in a similar manner and you will have a cover for the DM's rules!

Good luck M'lord!

Xenu

First Post
Thanks for the inspiration! I cut up my PHB and created two spiral bound sections out of it. I created cover pages similar to yours.

Section 1 includes Parts 1 and 2 of the PHB. Section 2 includes Part 3 and the Appendices. I haven't gamed yet since doing this a couple of days ago, but I think it'll make things easier for my players. The spellcasters can pore over section 2 while at the same time other players looking up feats and class info can pore over section 1.

Pictures are here.

Thank Dog

Banned
Banned
Thanks for the inspiration! I cut up my PHB and created two spiral bound sections out of it. I created cover pages similar to yours.

Section 1 includes Parts 1 and 2 of the PHB. Section 2 includes Part 3 and the Appendices. I haven't gamed yet since doing this a couple of days ago, but I think it'll make things easier for my players. The spellcasters can pore over section 2 while at the same time other players looking up feats and class info can pore over section 1.

Pictures are here.
I really, really want to do that.

And yet, I really, really don't want to do that :D

MartyW

Explorer
I apologize for the temporary absence of the "Make your own 5E Basic Rules Cover!" PDFs covering Player and DM rules options. They have been uploaded to a new Download here:

Make your own 5E Basic Rules Cover! - Fixed

Enjoy!

Hey Blue Knight --

I was trying to make my own cover with a different image. Do you know if there is a way to extract the PDF layers, or add one of my own without having the full Acrobat Pro? I was looking around the net for some kind of PDF deconstruction software, but even GIMP extracts all the layers as flattened.

Was there somewhere you grabbed the different cover elements for your PDF? (logo, red flame stripe, etc)

Thanks for any advice.

Remove ads