• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bastion Press Sale

Turjan

Explorer
Banshee16 said:
Is it just me, or didn't it say that there was free shipping with orders? I went to order at the online store to ship to a relative in Michigan, and there was an $8 charge.

The default shipping costs something. The shipping charges are listed in a drop down menu though, and the last point in the list is free, as PJ-Mason said :).

Krieg

First Post
Turjan said:
The default shipping costs something. The shipping charges are listed in a drop down menu though, and the last point in the list is free, as PJ-Mason said :).

There might be a glitch on the page. When I made my purchase the cheapest option was media mail for $2.50. Just checked it again & media mail is again the cheapest option but it's now $8.00.

Jim any info on that?

Banshee16

First Post
PJ-Mason said:
It depends on what shipping you choose. If you choose the 5-8 day media mail, it was free. It you want the super duper "there's already a knock at my door" shipping, it costs extra. :)

Odd, it only gives me three options:

International Shipments - $25
Media Mail - $8
Canadian Shipments - $24

I'm trying to ship it to the U.S. I'm not sure if I should continue with the order, or wait to hear from Bastion Press.

Banshee

Banshee16

First Post
For anyone who may have overlooked it, I recommend the book "Faeries". At $5, that's a pretty good deal. I picked it up a year or so ago at regular price, and there's a lot of cool stuff in there..

Banshee

Ghostwind

First Post
Jim changed the shipping options recently so that may be why you are seeing the different prices. The current prices are the correct ones.

PJ-Mason

First Post
Ghostwind said:
Jim changed the shipping options recently so that may be why you are seeing the different prices. The current prices are the correct ones.

Ouch! So those of us who got the free shipping were the lucky ones? :)

Sorry, Banshee16, it looks like you got stuck with no chair when the music stopped!! :heh:

Krieg

First Post
BastionPress_Creech said:
I don't think anyone can fault us for asking that the buyers pay for shipping when we are selling the books at such a rock-bottom price. :)

If the correct media mail cost is $8, what about those who were given a cheaper or free option at the time of purchase?

BTW $8 for media mail is pretty steep.

BSF

Explorer
I think my wife might have taken my christmas wish list to heart on this one. :)

I don't know what the going rate for Media Mail would be, but I suspect part of it would depend on the size of the order. There is also the handling costs to consider. In any event, I wouldn't hold slightly higher shipping costs against Bastion at these prices. Whew! Just take a look at the shipping as part of the cost and do the math to see if it is worth it. Sure, one book at $8.00 shipping might seem a bit steep, but if it is 8 books at $8.00 shipping, that is a great rate.

Part of the shipping cost does indeed cover a handling fee that our warehouse/distribution center charges us for every time they have to touch a book. The realities of warehousing, folks. You get charged for every little thing including the space that the books sit in. But with a sale that amounts to $5.00 a book (unless you are buying Oathbound: Domains of the Forge at $10 or Arms & Armor v3.5 at regular price), you are still getting a huge deal even with paying shipping.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads