• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bastion's first attempt at sculpting

I was going to wait til I was finished to post these, but I have lost steam and not sure when I will finish it. This is my first attempt at sculpting anything. I am using super sculpey to make a conan-ish warrior. He is about 11" tall. I know there are some proportion issues, that came from a poor armature . I still have to add the weapons, hair and other details. It is not nearly close to being finished.

Well let me know what you think, I will try to finish eventually.
Picture014.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Brakkart

First Post
That's a hell of a lot better than anything I've ever managed to sculpt. That is seriously your first attempt?? Looks to me like you're a natural!

Hey thanks everyone, but yes that is my first attempt. I studied every tutorial I could find on the web, and I already had a pretty good understanding of anatomy from drawing characters so that helped. I kind of feel like I topped out though, because the body was the easy part. Adding details like weapons, hair, equipment is really tough(for me anyway).
Well hopefully I get the energy to finish.

Thanks
Bastion

nyrfherdr

First Post
Very nicely done.
Many sculptors and other artists would agree with you. The 'body' or natural parts are often times easier then the rest. Cloth draping is my biggest challenge.

One suggestion... FINISH the work. It's always better to push through and complete it then leave it unfinished. (At least I think so.)

Keep it up. You are talended, no doubt about it.

Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

Thank you.

I have been folowing your miniature thread Nyrfherder, great work. I plan to give mini's a try after I get the hang of the larger scale.

Thanks
Bastion

Remove ads