• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlestar Galactica...how's that storyline and the shows?

Rate Battlestar Galactica's Storyline and Shows this year?

• Poll closed .

LightPhoenix

First Post
I'm not really sure where I fall, with regards to the third season.

Part of the reason for this is that the two halves of the season feel very different to me. Some of the best episodes of the show's entire run (IMO, of course) were in the first half of this season. On the other hand, the last half of the season seems very disjointed, and I'm just not as into it as the first half. I suspect it's because of the reduced presence of the Cylons.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
They were losing me with the soap opera type of crap for several episodes in a row, but the last two weeks have brought me back quite nicely.

I let out a scream of frustration last night, but it was at the "to be continued" at the end.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Thornir Alekeg said:
They were losing me with the soap opera type of crap for several episodes in a row, but the last two weeks have brought me back quite nicely.
To me, the "soap opera type of crap" was actually neccessary to understand how the characters all got where they are, including Lee and the Admiral, now that the meta-plot has picked up. Starbuck's fate a couple of episodes ago was informed heavily by that, and I think even more it will come from that.

dren

First Post
BSG is the only show that I watch religiously. It's honest and unflinching; sometimes I dislike what is happening and the choices the characters make (i.e. affair between Lee and Starbuck) but believe it's being done both for the story and to keep the characters true to themselves. I've given up trying to make predictions about what is going to happen and I just enjoy the ride...I believe regardless of what will happen, the end is going to be worth it because I have faith in the story line.

My only gripe is that I wanted more spaceship battles this season.

Grymar

Explorer
Best show on TV, I feel. Very believable characters, incredible acting, and usually very good story choices (even those that I don't like).

Wombat

First Post
This season is losing focus for me. That, and has been mentioned on many boards and by some of the actors (**coughcoughStarbuckcoughcough**), the soap-opera-y nature of the show is becoming rather forced for my tastes.

Still a decent show, but nowhere near as strong as the first two seasons.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
There should have been one less episode in the run from "Taking a Break..." to "Dirty Hands", to leave more space for meaty episodes at the end of the season (although I liked some of its ideas, I could probably have done without "The Woman King"). But the last few have picked back up to speed again, so I was also yelling in frustration at the cliffhanger of "Crossroads Part 1". Damn fine show.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads