• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battletech - Blood of Kerensky

Brother Allard

First Post
Trial #4, Round 7, Move and Fire Declaration

Realizing that, against this pilot and this mech, there are no obvious tactical advantages to be gained by cover, Lev charges past the Summoner's damaged left side and fires every weapon aboard, hoping by virtue of his position to eliminate that pesky AC/20.

Move: Face NE (1), Run 1 hex light wood & 1 hex clear to 4236 (2-4), Face N (5), Run 2 hexes clear to 4234 (6-7), Face NW (8). With the straightedge test, this should place his fire in the Summoner's left side.

Lev's Hit Difficulty: He Ran (+2), His Opponent Moved 4 (+1), Gunnery (+2), Range (3 hexes, varies)

ER PPC = 5
ER Medium Laser (x3) = 5
ER Small Laser = 7
Ultra AC/20 (in Ultra mode) = 5

That's 48 heat (including the run), which will leave him with 10, assuming all sinks are still operational.

Last edited:

Darimaus

First Post
Trial #2:

Drerek isn't goint to back down. He unleashes with everything on his opponent.

Drerek's Difficulty: You walked (+1), Gunnerty (+3), Heat (+2), Targetting Computer (-1), Targetting (+4), Pulse (-2)

Ultra AC 5 - 9
ER Large Laser - 9
Large Pulse - 7
LRM 10 - 6
x2 Streak SRM 6 - 6

Attacks:
SRM Hit Locatons:
Crit Chance

Drerek unleashes his firepower at the enemy machine, but is unable to hit with all but his ER Laser to the unprotected Right Leg, and some SRMs to the Right Arm.

Warhawks Difficulty: Gunnery (+3)

LRM 15 = 3
Sreak SRM 6 = 3
x2 ER Large Lasers = 3
LB 10-X AC = 3

War Hawks Attacks:

Attacks:
Missile Hit Table:
Hit Locations:
Missed Streak Hit Locations:
Crit Threats
Crit Threat (Arm)

Left Arm: 15 Damage, Blown Off
Right Arm: 10 Damage, 16 Armor Remaining
Center Torso: 10 Damage, 17 Crits Remaining
Left Torso: 6 Damage, 17 Crits Remaining
Right Leg: 4 Damage, 16 Crits Remaining
Left Leg: 9 Damage, 23 Armor Remaining

The Warhawk fires back, savaging all of Drerek's mech, and blowing off its Left Arm entirely.

Heat Phase: Drerek:

Shut Down Avoidance (DC 8)/Ammo Explosion Avoidance (DC 6)

Unfortunatly, Drerek's Right Arm explodes due to ammo explosion in the SRM ammo.

Crit Chance Left Arm (chance LRM ammo cooks off as well)

Crit Location = LRM ammo not detonated.

Pilot Consciousness Check (DC 5) = still conscious.

The overwhelming heat caused by the repeat Alpha Strikes cause Drerek's mech's remaining arm to ignite its SRM ammo, blowing the limb off. He is now at 23 heat (-4 MP, +3 Hit difficulty)

I suggest ejection at this point, its gona take you at least 1 round of not firing to get you back to a decent heat, and the +3 hit difficulty is going to leave you little chance of hitting the Warhawk hard enough to take it down. Besides, with all the hits you've taken already, you're in danger of being killed. You are already a warrior.

Your decision.

Darimaus

First Post
Arkhandus said:
Johan grins ferally. At last, the old dog was down, and Johan was a Warrior! Too bad his gauss had not sent the reactor critical..... Oh well, it would be wasteful to finish off the Solahma when he may yet serve Clan Wolf again someday. Johan turns the Stone Rhino back towards where he had just come from, running southeast toward the large hill.

Turn and run 3 hexes to 30,15. Torso-twist to face forward again.

OOC: Dire Lemming: Arkhandus already posted. He didn't have a firing phase last round because he was on his free movement. I need your next movement.

Dire Lemming

First Post
So then the Battle Cobra doesn't move?

In that case I guess I'll jump around in the heavy forest hoping to lure him in by making it imposible to hit me. Jump to 07-06, or as far in that direction as I can go and still turn back to face him.

Darimaus

First Post
Lev closes with his second opponent, his goal of Star Commander in his sights as he opens fire.

Attacks:
Missile Hit Table = 1 Hit
Hit Locations:
Crit Threat:

Lev manges to hit with his autocannon, and his lasers, dealing significant damage to the right torso, and the left arm.

Summoner's Difficulty:

Ultra AC 20 = 6
Strak SRM 6 = 6
ER Large Laser = 6
ER Small Laser = 8

Attacks:
Hit Locations

Center Torso: 10 Damage, 18 Armor Left
Right Leg: 6 Damage, 17 Armor Remaining
Left Leg: 6 Damage, 21 Armor Remaining

Next Round: Movement Phase:

The Black Lanner runs to 15,06.

The Summoner moves South to 39,38, and turns to face 40,37.

Your Turns

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Asher finally sees an opening and jumps to 07-11, then opens up on the Battle Cobra.

(OOC: That'll keep me out of his firing arc right? Oh and I don't want to overheat so I'll just fire my ER Large Lasers

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads