• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battletech - Blood of Kerensky

Darimaus

First Post
Arkhandus said:
Are we the only four in the Grand Melee?

Johan gears up his Stone Rhino, turning it a bit to the west and running 4 hexes to space 28,05, going downhill while he looks around and checks his sensors.

If I wanted to give NPCs a shot at being Star Commander, we wouldn't be having this match. I want 2 PC star commanders. No reason to add any extras, Lemming and Drerek have decided to stay on the sidelines, and I haven't seen Fenris2 in quite some time.

Now this is as good a time as any to run into a new rule, since it won't be detrimental in combat. As I posted in the new rules list, it turns out that there is in fact a movement penalty for moving up and down hill, meaning whenever you step onto a hex with a different elevation, you need to pay a MP for it. (jump jets can get you onto hexes with a 2 or more elevation difference, but they pay MP equal to the difference)

This means it would cost you 6 MP to get to 28,05, and Stone Rhino can only run 5.

(In case you guys don't notice, I set this map up so we can get that rule downpat before starting the campaign itself.)

Last edited:

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Run & Jump Combo Jet from 47, 35 to 47, 37 (10 MP).

Blood Scratch jumps into action and sprints acorss the battle field. Its weapons gleam with anticipation of finding its first target.

Darimaus

First Post
Arkhandus said:
.....Are you sure the rules say that going downhill costs extra MP? That just doesn't seem to make any sense at all. :confused:

I'm guessing the idea is that taking a mech downhill requires you to slow down a little or you will fall, but yes the movement table also includes 1 extra MP for going down a level. If you want, I'll give the option to move downhill with no MP penalties, and replace it with a piloting check. The DC will be your piloting score, plus the number of elevation changes. Success means you navigate the hill, failure means you fall.

Darimaus

First Post
Blood, your getting the idea of what I'm explaining to Arkhandus, but your still 1 MP off. The Elevation difference is 3, while the number of hexes to move is 8. (11 MP Total).

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Pilot-Jemal; Mech-Red Fist(75Ton); Gun-2/Pilot-4.

IC:
Jemal *Humphs* as his mech powers up. He waits where he is, seeing if any of these unfortunates is brave enough to turn towards him.
(No movement this round.)

*OOC: I thought there was also a rule for "Cliffs" (IE a 'drop' of more than 2 hexes) where you take falling damage for going off without jumpjets, and can't get up without them. I ask b/c there's a couple places where I see the hex value go from like 5 to 2 in a single drop.

ALSO, other PC's, don't forget your pilot name, Mech, and gunnery/Piloting skill, like Darimaus asked. I need to know what I'm killing, after all. ;)*

Last edited:

Darimaus

First Post
K guys, good start, but keep it going. There isn't going to be a firing phase this round. I need new initiatives and move actions please.

Jemal

Adventurer
*ER.. Where are Blood and Arkhandus? Blood originally stated a move, then said he'd "stay on the hill".. does that mean not moving? And Arkhandus was going to move down the hill but didn't have enough MP, so was given an option to do it with a piloting roll.. did he do that or stay where he is, or what?

Remove ads