• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battletech - Blood of Kerensky

Arkhandus

First Post
Hrm. At this point, with how much excessively good luck his opponents have had with putting holes in his center torso and head today, and the odds against him at this point, Johan will choose to eject and give up the fight. Fuming, he ejects to avoid being destroyed in the likely nuclear fireball of his engine going critical from the next barrage.

One more uncanny barrage of shots dead-center to his torso, and Johan's engine will be slag or a nuclear bomb exploding under his feet. :\ The Warhawk seems to have a better chance of finishing off the Stone Rhino in one round, and Johan would need to hit with everything to the Warhawk's center torso in order to win first, which will be difficult in his current position..... I am just not willing to take those bad odds, given the luck Johan's foes have had thus far. :heh:

At least he made Warrior! :heh:

Darimaus

First Post
Arlighty, very good job everyone. You all made warrior, and I'm pretty sure everyone is getting a good grasp of the system. However, there is one more bit of buisiness that we need to attend to before we can begin the campaign. You see, I planned the thing for 2 star commanders, and we only have 1. So we will settle this in the old fashioned clan way. A Grand Melee. Anyone who wants in is allowed, anyone who doesn't want to be burdened with command can sit this one out.

Rules are simple, last man standing. Clan rules of warfare involving melee attacks still apply.

I am making some slight changes to the way everything is running now. Please read over them carefully.

#1: Everyone will be rolling their own rolls from now on. This will save me alot of hassle. Everyone should be familiar with the way they should be posting them, and if not, re-read your trials. Another important tid-bit. I want a stat block at the top of every in game post showing your character name, your mech name, your gunnery/piloting score, and your initiative. This will make administrative duties alot simpler for me.

#2: I am going to now try out a new initiative system. We will be rolling for initiative every roudn now, rather than once per combat. This will be easy to maintain with you guys handling your own rolls. Please post your NEXT rounds initiative with your attack and hit location rolls.

#3: Since you guys will be rolling your own crits now, heres how they work. When you roll a 12 on an attack roll (unless you needed a 12 to hit) you get crit threat. Also, whenever you damage critical slots on a mech (done so after all the armor is gone) you get a crit threat. You get 1 threat for every weapon that deals damage to at least 1 critical slot. When you roll, you need to get 8 or higher to crit. 10 or 11 means 2 crits. 12 means 3 crits, or in the case of head/arms/legs you blow it off. You roll 2d6, the first 1d6 showing top or bottom chart on the location you crit, the second showing where it hit. Roll 10 dice whenever you attempt for crit location, and use first applicable. If the item hit can't be destroyed (I.E. Ferro Fibrus or Endo Steel slots) or its already been hit, use the next roll. I'll fill you in on the results of certain crits when they come up.

#4: I made 2 mistakes when running this trial that I didn't fix during it for the sake of fairness. The first is that when you move to a different elevation (I.E. up or down hill) it costs a MP. The second is that cover only applies a +3 difficulty to hit, not a +4. These rules shall now be applied.

#5: Anyone who goes inactive without a warning will be NPCed after 3 days. If you give a warning, I may still decide to NPC, but you can tell me what you are going for ahead of time. I know posting is hard sometimes, but all I need is a basic hello for piece of mind. For this upcoming competition though, the 3 day limit will instead be disqualification. I can postpone that if you post when you will be back on, but this is an important event, and the last thing standing in our way of starting the campaign.

Now that thats settles, I'm giving you guys a few days to e-mail me revised mech designs if you want them. Either way, I'm also putting in a roll call. I want everyone to post in the OOC thread telling me whether or not they want a part in the competition to get Promoted to Star Commander.

Once again, great job on the trials guys. I'm sure will will strike terror into the heart of the Inner Sphere.

Darimaus

First Post
Alrighty, heres the map for the Grand Melee. You guys can pick your own locations, but you have to be at least 10 hexes away from anyone else, and nobody can be within anyone elses back arcs. First posted, first served.

Also, when posting locations, include your initiatives for the first round.

Btw, I colored the different layers in the hill to make it easier for you guys to see who is where.

Attachments

• King of the Hill.rar
    5.8 KB · Views: 84

Jemal

Adventurer
Jemal and his 75 Tonne TimberWolf, the Red Fist, stand triumphantly on the SW hill overlooking the battlefield (07,46 facing 08,45)

[sblock=ooc]
Initiative=0
Gunnery 2, Piloting 4.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
MechWarrior Johan (piloting 3, gunnery 3), in his repaired, overhauled, 100-ton Stone Rhino, will position himself first at hex 32,03 on the ridge along the upper-middle of the map, also with a good view of the battlefield.

First round's initiative is 5.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Rylee 'Claw' Wolf -- Pilot: 3 -- Gunnery 3

Init: 4
With a calculating eye and ice in her veins she says, “Come, lets show this TrueBorns a thing or two.” With all lights green she waits for the match to begin.

Starting Position: 47, 45 (Facing 46, 44)

Brother Allard

First Post
Lev runs his hands lovingly over the controls of his newly refurbished Timberwolf. He grins into his helmet, anxious for the melee to begin.

Init: 2.

Starting position: 0609, facing 0710.

Darimaus

First Post
Alrighty, IT BEGINS!!!

For our 4 contestants, an epic battle awaits. At the end of the long road, the rank of Star Commander.

Ok, order of movement is as follows.

Johan, Rylee, Lev, Jemal.

Post your actions accordingly. Good luck.

And btw, thanks for the PFD Blood, I'm sure everyone appreciates it.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Are we the only four in the Grand Melee?

Johan gears up his Stone Rhino, turning it a bit to the west and running 4 hexes to space 28,05, going downhill while he looks around and checks his sensors.

Remove ads