Battletech Kickstarter launched today, already on great track

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
I love me some Battletech, but this really looks like it's one of their Shadowrun games with a Battletech skin. Still good, but I don't feel the need to kickstart that.

Don't get me wrong, I like Harebrained's Shadowrun games (at least the last two) and I'll be very likely to buy a Battletech themed one, but I'm more interested in the PvP and tactical game when it comes to Battletech.

Janx

Hero
Interesting. Curious if it's going to follow the actual table-top rules or just be a video-gameified version of the idea. BT was a bear for book-keeping, so an app to basically regulate gameplay would be groovy.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Interesting. Curious if it's going to follow the actual table-top rules or just be a video-gameified version of the idea. BT was a bear for book-keeping, so an app to basically regulate gameplay would be groovy.

It does not look like they're following the table top rules. That's not necessarily a bad thing, since the focus is very much on the atmosphere of classic BT and the feel, but, again, not exactly what I'd prefer, either.

As I told a friend, if they were putting out a multiplayer, table-top rules game with campaign support, I'd be knocking over liquor stores in a heartbeat. Not that I'd need to knock over a liquor store to kickstart it, but I'd be really keen to show exactly how much I want that.

Barantor

Explorer
It does not look like they're following the table top rules. That's not necessarily a bad thing, since the focus is very much on the atmosphere of classic BT and the feel, but, again, not exactly what I'd prefer, either.

As I told a friend, if they were putting out a multiplayer, table-top rules game with campaign support, I'd be knocking over liquor stores in a heartbeat. Not that I'd need to knock over a liquor store to kickstart it, but I'd be really keen to show exactly how much I want that.

From the Q&A they did on twitch the other night they are going to put in multiplayer pvp in the form of solaris if they get to that stretch goal.

They do have a mission maker, but it isn't following exactly the tabletop rules but a lot closer than Mechwarrior Online.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Looks interesting, but I'm not really interested in the skirmish aspect of it. Assuming it makes it to Stage 2 with the campaign mode, I'll probably put a few dollars in there to get the game.

Barantor

Explorer
Looks interesting, but I'm not really interested in the skirmish aspect of it. Assuming it makes it to Stage 2 with the campaign mode, I'll probably put a few dollars in there to get the game.

Looks like they made it that far.

They have a lot of side goals relating to retweets and facebook looks as well.

I'm hoping that this game has a lot of lore in it, Mechwarrior Online was lacking a lot of that.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
They had the requirement to make the game in little over an hour and are sitting on 1.1 million right now.

Well, I meant when I looked at it last time it was sitting at a little under 800k and I figured I would just wait for it to get to a million before seriously considering putting money in for it. Hadn't realized I would have to be doing that the very next day!

But I also apparently missed the "Launched today" date as being yesterday, so in retrospect, it makes a lot of sense!

Remove ads