• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battletech

garyh

First Post
Jemal said:
Actually I just remembered something that would make it ufeasable for you to pilot a Hatchetman...
The clans believe using Physical attacks in a Mech to be Dishonourable...
srry.

Darn! :( I think I'm going to bow out, then. I just loves me a Hatchetman, and if I can't pilot one, I'll pass in favor of someone else, as there seems to be plenty of interest.

Good gaming, everyone! :)

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Jemal said:
Actually I just remembered something that would make it ufeasable for you to pilot a Hatchetman...
The clans believe using Physical attacks in a Mech to be Dishonourable...
srry.
On a related note, the clans do not have any Hatchetman Battle-mechs. Not only is its primary weapon against the clan rules of engagement, Zell-bringen, it was also designed and built in 3023, a few hundred years after the Exodus of the Star-League Defense Force, and about 27 or so years before the clans returned to the Inner-Sphere. There would really be no way to obtain it, and no way a front-line pilot would possess one. In clan society, as a warrior grows older, his honor becomes less and less, and it is to those with little honor that inner-sphere refits are given, those without much hope of a future. They are seen as a last chance, a way to gain glory at increasingly bad odds due to inferior equipment. A new Sibko would get only the best.

Jemal

Adventurer
Shalimar said:
Actually, Jemal, I am gonna beg to get in on this, I have given it some thought, and while all of the online play I do is great to solve my agressiveness, it does nothing to sate my urges towards playing out a clan character, although I do have a clan character history, etc, dealing with roleplay on a clan wide level is too impersonal for my tastes, especially because I cannot give into my urges and go about absorbing weaker clans willy-nilly.

No begging necesary, Clan Wolf can always use good warriors. As for absorbing weaker clans... we'll see. ;)

I will lead MY star from the cockpit of my Hellbringer Prime, it is a Command Mech without peer among the tonnage range you specified, both for its Electronic Counter Measure suite, and for its Active Probe, providing accurate information to the one that most requires it.

Now THAT might take a little begging.. We'll see how the Trials of Position go.

OK, I'm heading to bed right away - The first 4 bios posted by people stating they want to be clan wolf mechwarriors will have priority, not Counting Douane, who'll be in as soon as his bio's up. That was excellent posting and he's earned one of the 5 spots allready. Any bios after that will have to be a different type (Aerospace pilot, Elemental, etc). Once these have been figured out, we'll figure out which mechs are being piloted by whom. THEN comes the Trials of position when the Jumpships stop at an uninhabited world on their way towards the Inner Sphere.

Jemal

Adventurer
Shalimar said:
On a related note, the clans do not have any Hatchetman Battle-mechs. Not only is its primary weapon against the clan rules of engagement, Zell-bringen, it was also designed and built in 3023, a few hundred years after the Exodus of the Star-League Defense Force, and about 27 or so years before the clans returned to the Inner-Sphere. There would really be no way to obtain it, and no way a front-line pilot would possess one. In clan society, as a warrior grows older, his honor becomes less and less, and it is to those with little honor that inner-sphere refits are given, those without much hope of a future. They are seen as a last chance, a way to gain glory at increasingly bad odds due to inferior equipment. A new Sibko would get only the best.

Point well taken, but the traditional mechs don't really matter... since this Sibko will be THE first wave, they'll have the best technology available to them, and I'm allowing everyone to design their own mech, using a program called Mechworks (I think I've talked about that program before). It's great because it lets you select what level of technology you want to work with, tonnage of the mech, etc, etc.. So you can create a realistic Clan Omnimech.

Shalimar

First Post
Cherish
Of Blood House Ward

Cherish and the rest of her sibko were birthed on the the Capital planet of the clans, if the Clans could be said to have a joint Capital, then surely Strana mechty was the planet. Capital of Clan Wolf, but also, home to the Grand Council of the Clans, the place where the great khans of each of the clans would meet and discuss the matters of warriors. She was birthed on this capital planet from the Iron Wombs of the Wolf clan, born of the genes of bloodhouse Ward, a Bloodhouse known through-out the clans as one of the most exceptional Mechwarrior Gene-pools. This excellence has placed the genetic legacy of house Ward on the list of those that are most sought after in trials of possession, trials which the Blood-named of the house have successfuly won.

Personality: As all potential clan warriors, Cherish has been raised to be competitive to a fault, emphasized by the fact that of the 100 children that started in the sibko, less then 20 have passed all of the testing leading up to the Testing Out Process which by tradition takes place on the 18th birthday. Cherish has a firey disposition, not content to simpl wait for what is given to her, she takes what she wants from whom she wishes, unless those that have what she wants are more highly skilled, which is the clan way, only those with the strength to hold their prize from all others may do so. Despite this competitive drive for excellence, Cherish is a surprisingly compassionate person, with both her pets, and with her flute, made from a type of wood native to planet Eden.

Appearance: As with all true-born, her appearance runs within the norms for clan pilots, she possess a slender athletic form with the smallish breasts that are bred into females pilots as a result of their not needing to nurse children. She stands a somewhat average 5'3" and she possess the downy blond hair possesed by most members of her blood-house, although she does have bright green eyes insead of the more normal colors bread into her fellow sib-kin. She wears her hair cropt short so as to allow better connections with her neuro-helmet interface, taking particular care of the hair at her temples. Her normal clothing is that of a mechwarrior, shorts, T-shirt, and boots, which shows off a knife scar on her right fore-arm, received in a Circle of Equals with a Jade Falcon Sibko overa point of Clan honor. On her lower back a few inches above her butt is a stylized tattoo of a wolf pouncing on a Jade Falcon.

Mech: Cherish pilots a Hellbringer Prime, finding that its long-range sniper mentality suits her attitude nicely. As is the way of the clans, Cherish will pilot her Hellbringer, untill someone is strong enough to take it from her, for she will not relinquish it.

Note: Cherish will not tolerate being second best to anyone, She will be Star Commander, because she is the greatest warrior, and that is a simple fact, at least to her. If she is not victorious, the pilot who is will receive a constant stream of one upsmanship and challenges, either until she wins and does become Star Commander, or until she dies. To her, there is no other way, rise to the top, or your already dead.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Downloaded the quickstart rules. Given myself a headache looking at all the mechs and reading various stuff.

Taarnish. Thats all I know at the moment. The character's name.

I was tempted by the idea of playing an assault 'copter pilot - a great big Mil 24 Hind-D "Devils Chariot", on steroids. Seen Mamoru's (sorry, spelling might be off) Avalon. The twin rotor beasty. Troop insertion and Mechwarrior extraction a speciallity.

One the other hand, taking a Mechwarrior and putting Cherish in her place has a certain appeal (trouble is I suspect she would hand me a whupping) :D

I'm off to get some sleep before I try and digest some of this material.

Douane

First Post
Doghead,

the clans detest conventional vehicles extremely, barely good for the second-raters.

The frontline troops consist of:

Elementals ('big' Infantry in Power Armor)
Aerospace Fighters
Mechs

I think we should try to get a mech star (smallest unit with 5 mechs) together before branching out.

Folkert

Shalimar

First Post
Douane said:
Doghead,

the clans detest conventional vehicles extremely, barely good for the second-raters.

The frontline troops consist of:

Elementals ('big' Infantry in Power Armor)
Aerospace Fighters
Mechs

I think we should try to get a mech star (smallest unit with 5 mechs) together before branching out.

Folkert
That souds about right, the tonnage of our star places us squarely in the category of a Heavy Star, so, I am thinking we should run along the lines of:

Hellbringer
Mad Dog
Nova
Summoner
Stormcrow

All of which are in use by clan wolf at the start of the Invasion, each of their different configurations grant many variable abilities to the Mechs, including if we are so inclined, a switch over to entirely missile systems, and NARC beacons to guide those missiles in on the target.

I'd be really interesting in having my character pilot a Summoner...not sure on background at the moment, but I'm working on it. Have to get used to the history more. :)

Festy_Dog

First Post
Where can I find a list of mechs and their stats? Because I have never heard of the five mechs Shal just proposed.

If I do get a spot as a pilot I'd really like to have a mech which I'm familiar with and have an idea of its capabilities. Could I possibly have a Vulture if thats ok? Suggesting I get a spot as a pilot of course.

Remove ads