• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battletech

Douane

First Post
Yuri
of the House of Kerensky

Being part of the genetic legacy of the most prestigious Bloodheritage the Clans acknowledge has formed Yuri more than anything else.

Appearance/ Personality:
At nearly 6'6", Yuri’s size gave quickly birth to the joke that, with Kerensky being a general Bloodright, an error occurred in the wombs and he got Elemental instead of Mechwarrior genes. Certainly reinforcing this semi-rumour was the fact that the field of combat he most excels in is Unarmed Combat.
Once upon a time 300 years ago Yuri would have been called a perfect posterboy for Star League recruitment posters. Accenting his handsomeness are his icy-blue eyes and his whitish-blond hair, which is just long enough to be kept in (small) ponytail. Yuri is usually wearing the somewhat formal grey leathers of the Wolf Clan.

Quite a contrast to many of his impulsive sibkin, Yuri seems to lack the overwhelming inner fire propelling most members of the Warrior Caste forward, most notably among them the temperamental Cherish. Often criticized for this and his seeming lack of emotions (seen as part of his "elemental heritage"), Yuri usually counters with "While I do have emotions, I am simply not ruled by these, as I am able to control them." In fact, all of this goes far to mask a coldly calculating mind, never overly concerned with short time successes, but planning far into the future.
Calm and composed seem describe his personality best. Never holding grudges, he treats 'friend and foe' alike in the same friendly and yet distanced way. What little spare time Yuri has, he usually spends either practising his martial arts or studying Clan history, tradition and customs. However, he applies his considerable knowledge in these matters in ways that make the Sibko trainers extremely uncomfortable: A master of the Batchall, Yuri will twist and bend the traditions and customs of the Clans with complete disregard for what clanners hold sacred if it suits his intentions. This has already gone so far that some members of his House have mourned the fact that the Dragoons did not heed the recall order and thus shed some light on the final fate of Natasha Kerensky, because the Bloodright of her Bloodname would certainly be the most fitting available.

(But everything has its price and Yuri's concentration on other fields has lead to him 'neglecting' his mech piloting skills to the point that others like Cherish and Jyren, though of lesser Bloodlines, have surpassed him in ability. Still, he doesn't exactly worry about this, secure in his knowledge that the really important battles are neither waged nor won in a mech.)

While his detractors openly voice their concern that the "lethargic and slow Yuri is a shame for the glorious Way of the Clans", his patrons within the Blood House maintain that he is "a fine example of the 'Kerensky Vision' ".

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Well Shal, since you're offering, could you please get me the stats and standard issue gear of a Mad Dog? :)

I wanna see what I can get if I tweak with it some.

Douane, kewl character btw. :D

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
Douane, kewl character btw. :D

Thanks!

[EDIT: Sorry! I've tried to attach a zip file with the vulture base and it's stock variants in txt format and a file of the Vulture in .mek format, ready to use with the Mechworks program Jemal uses and has linked to, but the the boards are acting up as usual. :( Sent it via email instead.]

Folkert

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Um, the Mad Dog is a an omni-mech, if you want I can give you the base and you can fill out the omni-bays.

I will go through bit by bit:

Mad Dog (Vulture) Base
28 tons free
38 free Crits

Engine: XL
Walk 5
Run 8
12 fixed Double Heatsinks

Armor: Ferro-Fibrous
8.5 Tons
163 points of armor

Douane

First Post
A small addition to the list Shalimar kindly posted above:

Those Houses are only the Bloodnames that remain exclusively with Clan Wolf. There are a lot of Bloodnames shared between two or more Clans, so nobody's limited to those.

Some examples for non-exclusive Merchwarrior or General Bloodnames found within the Wolf touman (= fighting arm in the Inner Sphere):

Brown
Furey
Carson
Ghiberti
Kederk
Kisiel
Lewis
McKibben
Neely
Sherbow
Toshi
Wallace
Winson

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Couple things..

1: Thnx both of u for posting those blood names, I was going to do it up but I'm glad I don't have to. There's over 400 Blood names that I've found, but keeping it simple is good.

2: Yes the normal clan age for the Trial of Position is 20, but if you guys want to be younger, it's fine.. I did say you could be 18 or over, b/c they're lowering restrictions b/c of the invasion.

3: Updated Mechwarrior Candidate list for the Trial of Position:
Cherish of house Ward (Shalimar)
Kevin of House Regner (Festy-Dog)
Jyren of House ? (Ankh-Morpork Guard )
Yuri of House Kerensky (Douane)

Others who've expressed Interest:
Doghead

(And i the first few posts, NeoWeasel+Tenkar... but they haven't been back)

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Jemal said:
3: Updated Mechwarrior Candidate list for the Trial of Position:
Cherish of house Kerensky (Shalimar)
Kevin of House Regner (Festy-Dog)
Jyren of House ? (Ankh-Morpork Guard )
Yuri of House Kerensky (Douane)

Ahem! ;)

Cherish is of the House of Ward.

Douane

First Post
DAMN!

Just realized that Yuri sounds like an 'Über-Man' because I forgot one tiny little point: With all of his other talents, he is no more than a mediocre mech pilot.

Folkert

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
I should tell you that Mech Works is faulty, I am unable to build the official variants of the Hellbringer without being told that the mech is overweight. A girl does not like to hear that she is over-weight. I do not know what it is but it keeps coming up as .75 tons over weight on most of the variants. That is what got me to shell out the $45.00 for Heavy Metal plus in the first place, it is a comprehensive Mech, Vehicle, Aerospace, Protomech, and Battle Armor creation suite that has everything that has been in a TRO already in it.

Last edited:

Dirigible

Explorer
Aww man, Clan Wolf? Why can't we play a REAL man's clan, like Jade Falcon? :)

Hi. I'll admit, it's been a few years since I've got my mech on. I would be interested in playing, if you'll be patient and guide someone who can't tell his Timber Wolf from his Mad Cat anymore :D.

Unless you're desperate for another mechwarrior, I wouldn't mind playing an Elemental.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads