D&D General BECMI - okay how do you Immortal?

le Redoutable

Ich bin El Glouglou :)
I have mentioned this before, but Primal Order would be a better fit to be honest in terms of powerset.

That said, Immortals is totally the wrong terminology. Immortals are unaging individuals - Eternals would be more apt, or Ascended.

Whereas deities are have found a way to use the psychic energy generated through worship, eternals do not require worship.

Thing is, and DnD writers have not understood the consequences of worship in their cosmology. In a multiverse with infinite worlds, it also means infinite worshippers, therefore each deity has infinite power.
I do think the Universe has not ended ( and so there is room for alot of Universes, but not infinitely under the realms of Creation )
to reach the End of Time

le Redoutable

yes, like most of the Universe is unlit ( hem I would say hidden, like undiscovered i.e. Black Matter )
and according to the Bibble, there is room for immaculate conception, like in a sky full of Lit Stars !

le Redoutable

According to fluff though the multiverse is infinite.
Now, as we both clearly agree on this, as there cannot be anything infinite in DnD.

Aside from that though, most mathematical multiverse theories require infinite worlds.
I think infinite worlds is tied to maths numbers, which can reach any size :)

Jer

Legend
Supporter
So you are given a party of immortals and how do you run a game.
It's been a looong time since I ran my one and only Immortals campaign. And it didn't last all that long, but essentially the modules for the Immortals set were designed around a "mission" framework - low level Immortals are assigned by their Patrons or the Hierarchs of their Spheres to go solve some problem. The problem escalates into a larger threat than the Patrons anticipated and only the PCs can resolve it. The adventures I created myself followed that same kind of pattern.

In practice the game I ran was probably heavily influenced in design by the Marvel Superheroes RPG because that's another game were were playing at the time and the Immortals-as-fantasy-superheroes framework fit pretty naturally. If I were to run it again with the benefit of experience and having played other games I'd include more intrigue and "social combat" type scenarios. There's a wealth of backstabbing and social climbing opportunities in Immortal society that could be exploited for adventure fodder.

le Redoutable

or Counter-Earth ?

edit: he speaks of distance, like it was the only factor for galaxies and the like to hide from our telescopes !

Weiley31

Legend
Well for starters, you have to aim for the head. Also, remember: Holy Ground is a safe haven, so duels are completely forbidden.

Make sure you also have a sweet phat Boombox so that way you can blare Queen's Princes of The Universe on the highest volume setting.

Wait a minute: I think I have the wrong rules mixed up here...........

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Yep, even the lowest level of Immortal could create several Large Planets without to much effort:
View attachment 153337
View attachment 153336

It is funny how relatively little damage they could do! I always thought it was easier to destroy than create - I guess I was wrong!
That's not true actually. The PP cost is Permanent Power and you aren't allowed to drop below your current level, so it would take a Temporal to be able to spend 80 permanent power points to create a large planet, since they have 100 power in between levels. A celestial with 590 power could spend the 80 and have 510 left. It would take a Celestial to be able to make a sun.

Remove ads