• Kingpin

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Braniac

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other (post in comments)

Votes: 6 15.4%

R_J_K75

Legend
He was great teamed up with Squirrel Girl in her series.
After 1990 I read comics on and off for a year or so every 10 years so I missed those ones. I did get a subscription to Spider-Man this July and waiting on my first issue. Been meaning to pick up the graphic novel for "Kravens Last Hunt" just havent yet. One of these days I'll get around to it.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
After 1990 I read comics on and off for a year or so every 10 years so I missed those ones. I did get a subscription to Spider-Man this July and waiting on my first issue. Been meaning to pick up the graphic novel for "Kravens Last Hunt" just havent yet. One of these days I'll get around to it.
Squirrel Girl is very not Kraven's Last Hunt... (teen comedyish). So good, but not where to go for serious Kraven.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Hippolyta Hall.

She's sympathetic, her entire arc in Sandman is based on massive and tragic misunderstandings, she's Wonder Woman's kid, and she makes some terrible choices that cause massive ruination.

Can't be beat, for my money.
Sandman_57_p07.jpg

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Doom still comes out on top. Powerful, wonderfully arrogant, with just enough humanity and restraint that he makes interesting choices.

For 'most evil', a special shout-out to Shapeshifter in the Elementals comics (Old Villains and Vigilantes fans have seen her in the comics section of the 'Destroyers' modules. She's the one that suffocates a guard to death with her pliable body. "Why did you do that?" "It was... necessary." "With you, it seems like it's always necessary.". )

So Willingham's version of The Destroyers shows up in his Elementals comic. Shapeshifter is part of the group and she along with most of the others gets trounced by the Elementals. Her one weakness is fire, and she gets badly burned by Morningstar. The Destroyers are vanquished and save for occasional bits by Ratman, fade from the scene.

Many issues later, years and years later in real time, Morningstar is in a good place, at last. She's made peace with the fact that she's dead, and a large part of that peace comes from her relationship with Eric. Finally they are set to be engaged. She confesses to Eric she's never been happier.

That's when 'Eric' reveals it's been Shapeshifter all along.

Remove ads