• Lina Inverse (Slayers)

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Scarlet Witch (MCU)

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Liz Sherman (Hellboy)

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Medivh (Warcraft)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gellert Grindewalkd (Fantastic beasts)

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Skeletor (Masters of the Universe)

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Merlin (Excalibur)

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Goblin King Jereth (Labyrinth)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Tula (Pirates of Dark Water)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Raiden (Mortal Kombat)

• Willow Ufgood (Willow)

• Grand Vizier Jafar (Aladdin 1992)

• The Emperor (The Last Jedi)

• Yennifer (Witcher)

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Nekron (Fire and Ice)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Princess Ariel (Thundarr The Barbarian)

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Zenobia (Sinbad Eye of the Tiger)

• Mira and Mara (Sorceress)

• Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail)

• Venger (D&D cartoon)

• Elsa (frozen)

Votes: 21 34.4%

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
We should also determine how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, and whether Aasimar count as angels for this purpose...:sneaky:...yeah, I guess I'm being pedantic on a forum about playing an elf.

Isn't there a difference between a humanoid with sorcerous heritage, and a celestial, elemental, or demonic being with innate magic?
Or Fey. Jareth is clearly an archfey (goblins are fey in the Labyrinth setting). They are all monsters, and therefore have monster stat blocks, not character classes.

Jareth is clearly angling to be Sarah's warlock patron though.

Last edited:

Ringtail

World Traveller
I really like the "Dark Magic" users from The Dragon Prince. They suck the life out of magical living things (plants and animals, typically small ones, but you could suck it out of large creatures and humanoids too) in order to cast their spells. You could argue it as wizardry too, since its like collecting spell components, but more powerful spells require killing larger creatures, some sentient and the way it warps the users body, turning their hair white and skin grey.

Also, Lord Viren makes an excellent Warlock as well when Aaravos becomes his patron, especially so after he corrupts the magic within the Sunfire Elf City. Reminds me a lot of an evil Archfey.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I really like the "Dark Magic" users from The Dragon Prince. They suck the life out of magical living things (plants and animals, typically small ones, but you could suck it out of large creatures and humanoids too) in order to cast their spells. You could argue it as wizardry too, since its like collecting spell components, but more powerful spells require killing larger creatures, some sentient and the way it warps the users body, turning their hair white and skin grey.

Also, Lord Viren makes an excellent Warlock as well when Aaravos becomes his patron, especially so after he corrupts the magic within the Sunfire Elf City. Reminds me a lot of an evil Archfey.
But this has nothing to do with sorcerers!

ad_hoc

(they/them)
For character origin/source of powers Scarlet Witch works better as a Warlock. Her general weirdness also fits.

Sorcerer is not far off too though so it's whatever.

Remove ads