• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Best Party Ever Thanks to Xanathars

Zardnaar

Legend
For Christmas I got some money to get XGtE and due to living here, postage etc and it being sold out I finally got it yesterday. My she who must be obeyed got her mitts on it 1st due to casting a hold Zardnaar spell on me (she did that 17 years ago help).

Anyway here is the concept- the Excellent Marauders Organisation or EMO party for short.

1 Dragon Born Paladin (Avenger)
1 Half Drow Cleric (Death Cleric)
1 Tiefling Dragon Sorcerer (that is infernal and dragon!!!)
1 Drow Lore Bard (to sing emo songs) or wait for it.... Drow warlock.

All the 4 bases covered- warrior, cleric, arcane, skill monkey/arcane. One could even be extra edgy and have one of them named Raven (male or female) or model yourself with the grunge look of the WCW wrestler of the same name (google it). I would suggest the name snowflake. You could even have them all take the entertainer back ground and then you can pretend you are in a band and have Linkin Park or My Chemical Romance playing in the back ground (Metallica 1991+ can also work).

If 3pp is allowed you could also be a Damphyr (vampire blooded) and Ghoul from the Kobolds material. Whoa that is to edgy.

Now this is where it gets really really evil and edgy with Xanathars thrown into the mix due to broken magic items for these builds. You can add the following into the mix.

Dread Helm
Billowing Cape
Smoldering armor

Whoa......

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I think this party is clearly lacking a Blood Hunter, you know, the lone wolf class that uses his blood to do dark stuff and, because of it, is misunderstood by polite society.

gyor

Legend
Replace your Avenger with a Tiefling Hellknight Oath of Conquest.

Replace you Drow death Cleric with a Tiefling Divine Soul (Evil Affinity) who is a blood descendant of a Godlike Archdevil, Succubus Queen, Demon Prince, or Evil God.

Drow Celestial Pact warlock, who serves a fallen Empyrean, who remains the only type of Celestial who can become evil and remain a Celestial for long.

Replace your dragon Sorceror with a Dragonborn Shadow Magic Sorcerer.

Now your party is dark and EMO and actually makes real use of Xanathar's Guide to Everything.

Bonus a Gloom Stalker cannibal Halfling worshipper of Malar and a Half Orc College of Whisperers Bard who sometimes kills pretty women so she can use her mantle feature to be beautiful for awhile, and know what it's like to be one of the pretty people.

Last edited:

G-O-A-L-S

pentakill-league-metal.jpg

Remove ads