Best Sci-Fi television series EVAR!

Kesh

First Post
Dagger75 said:
Whats funny, just last night at work we were talking about Sci Fi shows. Anyone else remember Space Rangers?

I thought I was the only person who saw that... thing. Especially by how fast it went off the air. :D

Saw the pilot episode, and gave up. There was just too much wrong with it for the plot arc to be worth following.

Babylon 5 was the opposite. I saw the pilot movie and was hooked from the start. Sure, the makeup was bad and the acting a bit stiff... but the story grabbed me.

madriel

First Post
Babylon 5 is my favourite TV series, period. It had its rocky moments due to network stupidity and I hated the guy playing Sinclair, but when it was good it was breathtaking. JMS is one of the very few TV writers who knew how to blend humour and tragedy.

I love Dr. Who and Red Dwarf too.

mojo1701

First Post
Green Knight said:
Warp engines are the solution to hunger, disease, and war?

1. War: meant as in human vs. human. Now that humans saw that they were no longer alone, and that a third world war (always the case, isn't it?) almost destroyed them (most major cities destroyed, 600 million dead), they decided to join together and join the other space-faring civilizations.

2. Now that hunger was because of money, and money also caused greed, they decided to abolish money. In essence, Earth becomes a communism (the good one, where everyone prospers, not like that fake Soviet communism...)

3. Disease: With all the other advanced species (most likely the Vulcans), they decided to help out the humans out (or, that's my guess.)

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Green Knight said:
Really?!? What'd she say? And if you're getting my hopes up for nothing, I will TRACK YOU DOWN and give you a solid kick in the crotch! :mad: :p

The Henson family re-took control and are looking to produce at least a mini-series. Detail would be forthcoming.

WisdomLikeSilence

Community Supporter
Firefly.

The only Sci-Fi show I've ever *really* loved.

>sigh<

Still in mourning.....

-WLS

(I can enjoy TNG and DS9, and I hear fabulous things about Farscape, but Firefly was something special.)

Last edited:

Turlogh

Explorer
The best Sci Fi TV:
Star Trek
Dr. Who
Space Above & Beyond
Farscape

Honourable mentions:
Firefly- had tons of potential
Babylon 5 Crusade- while I never like B5 (found it incredibly boring) I really liked this series, so of course it gets cancelled.

theRogueRooster

First Post
WisdomLikeSilence said:
Firefly.

The only Sci-Fi show I've ever *really* loved.

>sigh<

Still in mourning.....

-WLS

Amen.

Firefly wasn't just a great sci-fi show, it was a great show regardless of genre. Best 13 episodes on tv, EVER. :)

At least we have a potential big screen movie to look forward to.

-tRR

Remove ads