• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Sci-Fi television series EVAR!

Kesh

First Post
Dagger75 said:
Whats funny, just last night at work we were talking about Sci Fi shows. Anyone else remember Space Rangers?

I thought I was the only person who saw that... thing. Especially by how fast it went off the air. :D

Saw the pilot episode, and gave up. There was just too much wrong with it for the plot arc to be worth following.

Babylon 5 was the opposite. I saw the pilot movie and was hooked from the start. Sure, the makeup was bad and the acting a bit stiff... but the story grabbed me.

madriel

First Post
Babylon 5 is my favourite TV series, period. It had its rocky moments due to network stupidity and I hated the guy playing Sinclair, but when it was good it was breathtaking. JMS is one of the very few TV writers who knew how to blend humour and tragedy.

I love Dr. Who and Red Dwarf too.

mojo1701

First Post
Green Knight said:
Warp engines are the solution to hunger, disease, and war?

1. War: meant as in human vs. human. Now that humans saw that they were no longer alone, and that a third world war (always the case, isn't it?) almost destroyed them (most major cities destroyed, 600 million dead), they decided to join together and join the other space-faring civilizations.

2. Now that hunger was because of money, and money also caused greed, they decided to abolish money. In essence, Earth becomes a communism (the good one, where everyone prospers, not like that fake Soviet communism...)

3. Disease: With all the other advanced species (most likely the Vulcans), they decided to help out the humans out (or, that's my guess.)

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Green Knight said:
Really?!? What'd she say? And if you're getting my hopes up for nothing, I will TRACK YOU DOWN and give you a solid kick in the crotch! :mad: :p

The Henson family re-took control and are looking to produce at least a mini-series. Detail would be forthcoming.

WisdomLikeSilence

Community Supporter
Firefly.

The only Sci-Fi show I've ever *really* loved.

>sigh<

Still in mourning.....

-WLS

(I can enjoy TNG and DS9, and I hear fabulous things about Farscape, but Firefly was something special.)

Last edited:

Turlogh

Explorer
The best Sci Fi TV:
Star Trek
Dr. Who
Space Above & Beyond
Farscape

Honourable mentions:
Firefly- had tons of potential
Babylon 5 Crusade- while I never like B5 (found it incredibly boring) I really liked this series, so of course it gets cancelled.

theRogueRooster

First Post
WisdomLikeSilence said:
Firefly.

The only Sci-Fi show I've ever *really* loved.

>sigh<

Still in mourning.....

-WLS

Amen.

Firefly wasn't just a great sci-fi show, it was a great show regardless of genre. Best 13 episodes on tv, EVER. :)

At least we have a potential big screen movie to look forward to.

-tRR

Remove ads