Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Hulk

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Some other choice, you oddball!

Votes: 32 39.5%

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Barry or Wally? I grew up in the Wally era but always admired Silver Age Flash

I prefer Wally, definitely. To me Barry used to work better as a symbol and legendary hero that Wally aspired to honor. In my opinion there was no reason to bring him back. He had completed his journey and gotten his happy ending already. By bringing him back, they just reset his life and life path, and what for? to give him angst!?

Depends on what you mean by best. Superman is definitely the best in terms of most iconic. But if you mean best as in most powerful, I'd have to go with Duplicate Boy, a Legion of Superheroes ally, who has the ability to duplicate the superpowers of any other super-being.

But... I'll also argue that Matter-Eater Lad really deserves consideration here.
If we are going to go the way of the legion, I'd prefer Duplicate Girl. She has the one power I'd love to have in real life.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Classic Superman was invulnerable if you did not have any Kryptonite. But the more modern Superman has more weaknesses, including to magic/supernatural stuff. And it seems they loaded him up with emotional vulnerability/issues as well.
I love how Clark is jealous of Superman and resents him. By being Superman he has been denied the chance to feel he accomplished anything on his own, and he can't push himself further in his career because he needs to protect his identity and keep some semblance of journalistic integrity.

Ryujin

Legend
Classic Superman was invulnerable if you did not have any Kryptonite. But the more modern Superman has more weaknesses, including to magic/supernatural stuff. And it seems they loaded him up with emotional vulnerability/issues as well.

Magic has been around as one of his weaknesses for a long time. I remember reading stories that involve it back as far as the early '70s. His invulnerability evolved over time. In the beginning he was massively powerful, but not unkillable.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Jessica is better seen as having Complex PTSD, which is significantly more difficult to entangle. We can quibble over whether hers is more accurate. His is more easily grasped by the audience.

This is fair. Guess which I have more experience with, and you'll understand my bias.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
This is fair. Guess which I have more experience with, and you'll understand my bias.

One of my players has complex PTSD. They prefer Iron Man because they can refer to him in discussions and have people get it. Jessica is such a hot mess that using her as shared example becomes difficult.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
1592947057636.png

Worrgrendel

Explorer
I have always looked at him as someone attempting to atone for the evil he has brought into the world. Several interesting RW rich people have done such.

The problem with Tony is that he keeps making really bad judgement decisions on things and then makes something really bad that he then turns around and makes another really bad judgement call on it to try to fix his first bad decision and then makes another bad decision to fix the fix for the first bad decision and no one but Cap calls him out on it. He has good intent but no impulse control and no self accountability for his actions.

Age of Ultron is the ultimate embodiment of this.
Tony: Hey let's create this ultra powerful robot with alien technology that we don't fully understand because: we can!
Oops, now Ultron is trying to destroy the world.
Tony: I know! I'll create ANOTHER ultra powerful robot with alien technology that we don't fully understand and it'll work out just fine this time guys I promise because: REASONS!
Avengers: Great idea! What can possibly go wrong?
Vision: seriously guys you only got lucky here. Let's be honest.

Civil war was really about Cap finally unable to put up with Tony's bulls@#t.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases