• Iron Man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wonder Woman

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Hulk

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Some other choice, you oddball!

Votes: 32 39.5%

It is among the last batch of new comics I bought so the whole series was forever burned into memory. Money started getting tight at the time -you know, because of the 2009 crisis- and things at the time seemed to turn into less interesting stuff. Then they announced the new 52 and I took it as permission to jump off.

it was 2008 not 2009

It occurs to me that the title character from Doctor Who has all the traits of a superhero despite the show being very much a non-superhero show. Think about it: The Doctor has a superpower (regeneration from mortal wounds, and limited shape-shifting and energy blasts connected with this regeneration), a secret identity (I'm pretty sure that even the show's writers don't know what the character's real name is), uses various super-science gadgets (The sonic screwdriver, the TARDIS, the chameleon arch, etc), has an arch-nemesis (The Master), and - like Superman - is a space alien who is nominally the last of their kind even though there are actually a whole bunch of them trapped in another dimension.

Ryujin

Legend
It occurs to me that the title character from Doctor Who has all the traits of a superhero despite the show being very much a non-superhero show. Think about it: The Doctor has a superpower (regeneration from mortal wounds, and limited shape-shifting and energy blasts connected with this regeneration), a secret identity (I'm pretty sure that even the show's writers don't know what the character's real name is), uses various super-science gadgets (The sonic screwdriver, the TARDIS, the chameleon arch, etc), has an arch-nemesis (The Master), and - like Superman - is a space alien who is nominally the last of their kind even though there are actually a whole bunch of them trapped in another dimension.

Superman also has the bottled city of Kandor, so... same?

I also kinf of like "V" from V For Vendetta. (Or at least I like the idea of V. The movie wasn't actually super great - it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either - and I haven't read the graphic novel)

Richards

Legend
Then you should definitely read the graphic novel - it's a much better version than the movie they made from it. But V makes for an odd "superhero," in any case - he's rather like the Punisher, who likewise doesn't fit the "superhero" mold very well.

I'd have to put myself in the Spider-Man camp for the "best superhero" title. His whole "with great power comes great responsibility" thing drives him to constantly try to do the right thing no matter how difficult it might be.

Johnathan

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

Dr Who is a god:)

also that whole energy blast when he regenerates is something new, the old Doctors didnt do that

Doctor Who is a good non-traditional pick.
I am tempted to say names like Captain Jean-Luc Picard or Captain Benjamin Sisko or... Admiral Adama and Captain Apollo. They take risks and always find a way. But of course, they lack superhero costumes and superpowers. Maybe I should pick Data, at least he has superpowers.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases