D&D 3E/3.5 best thing to fill the vest slot 3.5

Dandu

First Post
Magic Item Compendium, iirc. It's a Cloak of Resistance, but in the Vest slot. Good if you're boosting Cha with a Cloak of Charisma.

Incidentally, if you find yourself with a need for multiple +stat items, a Belt of Magnificence +6 costs only 200,000k.

Jack Simth

First Post
Magic Item Compendium, iirc. It's a Cloak of Resistance, but in the Vest slot. Good if you're boosting Cha with a Cloak of Charisma.
You recall correctly.
Incidentally, if you find yourself with a need for multiple +stat items, a Belt of Magnificence +6 costs only 200,000k.

Yes, but it's only optimal if:
a) You've got a lot of stats you need boosted, and
b) You're short on magic item slots.

Otherwise, waste of resources.

Jack Simth

First Post
Well, he did say he had levels in Paladin...
For whom both Dex and Int are traditional dump stats. 4*36,000=144,000. 5*36,000=180,000. 6*36,000=216,000.

You pretty much need very MAD, and rather short on magic item slots, for it to be worthwhile... especially if the "common effects" rule in MIC is in play and you can commission your equipment.

Who is your paladin's god? Tabard of the great crusade is nice if you worship St. Cuthbert.

There are a few other shirts that give DR 3/(Something) in the MIC too.

Personally, I've always been a fan of Shirt of the Leech from the MIC.

VariSami

First Post
You should never have a vest slot. Such a gap would be easily exploited by an enemy axe or spear.
Is this a pun? Since I don't get the point for some reason. The way I interpreted this was that the vest slot is incompatible with armor - which actually fits a different slot. But it might just be me being stupid.

I agree with Vest of Resistance. Somehow it feels much more appropriate than a cloak, and there are more good cloaks than there are vests. Cloak of Charisma isn't the only one.

Oh, and I don't know about you but I always find myself starved for magic item slots at level 10+. Maybe it's just because I really like exotic and unique utility trinkets?

Remove ads