D&D 5E Beware the Jabberwock! D&D Beyond has a sneak preview of the "The Wild Beyond the Witchlight" monster!

D&D Beyond has uploaded a full preview of the Jabberwock from The Wild Beyond the Witchlight, with complete stat block and full breakdown on how to run the monster in a game.

Beware the Jabberwock! The Burbling Dragon Arrives in The Wild Beyond the Witchlight

387B50D9-390D-4688-942F-3E3CDBD4A050.jpeg

Very interesting monster, especially with its Confusing Burble and regeneration. It looks rather tough for a CR 13 monster! It does, of course, have a vulnerability to vorpal swords, in homage to the original Lewis Carroll poem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyxen

Great Old One
Nice indeed, offensively well up to CR 13, but he has few hit points and would probably go down quickly. I would probably add a resistance to non-slashing weapons...

The concept is very nice (I like the special attacks), but I'm afraid that with 115 hhp he will not last very long to use them.

MarkB

Legend
Nice indeed, offensively well up to CR 13, but he has few hit points and would probably go down quickly. I would probably add a resistance to non-slashing weapons...

The concept is very nice (I like the special attacks), but I'm afraid that with 115 hhp he will not last very long to use them.
Very true. Maybe re-word the regeneration to say that if the Jabberwock is reduced to zero hit points it will recover next turn unless its head is severed from its body.

Puddles

Adventurer
Is choosing a random direction covered in 5e? If not, I have the perfect dice.

blows dust off old Warhammer scatter dice

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases