Beyond the Rerisen Tower(DM Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Yishim barely dodges the debilitating attack through Toeto's quick actions. As Kaz and the raven flock appear several yards away, our valiant wizard has the opportunity to exercise his magical powers.

Evil, unnatural creatures! Let's see how you fly through this! The ravens suddenly see themselves reflected in the air before them. Instinct conflicts with what their eyes see, and each flies erratically attempting to dodge its illusionary neighbor. Through this, they are unable to make any progress towards the allies.
[sblock=Actions]
Thanks, Toeto, for the MBA save - that would have hurt a lot.
Standard: Maze of Mirrors on Storytelling vs. Will (1d20+7=27). That is actually 3 20s in a row! Unfortunately this does no damage, just as my two skill challenge rolls didn't. Storytelling is immobilized and takes -5 to attack rolls TENT.
Move: G22
[/sblock][sblock=Yishim Stat Block]Yishim- Male Human Wizard 3
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18, Fort:13, Reflex:18, Will:17, Resist 10 Force -- Speed:6
HP:25/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:3/6
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Scorching Burst, Chilling Cloud, Phantom Bolt, Shield, Grasping Shadows, Maze of Mirrors, Orb of Deception, Phantom Chasm, Orb of Unintended Consequences, Brooch of Shielding[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Return to the Tower, Round 2

The storytelling temporarily breaks apart, freeing itself from of part of Yishim's spell before reforming and tearing through the group again, hitting Toeto, the Mason, and Yishim especially hard.

GM: Yishim could only be shifted to H20 since the area is difficult terrain (see Terrain and Lighting sblock).

Because of this, I put Sprout in his square, but 1 square up.

There was no militia in F2, so I had the one in B21 flee.

Move Fredrock to H19 since Yishim was still in H20.

Noted Pac, I'll do my best to remember that.

Salgyn didn't take the 4 damage from the Storytelling's Aura since Kaz teleported it out of there first.

Yishim healed 5 for hitting the Storytelling.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Rerisen Storytelling of Ravens: Break and Reform: The ravens remove the immobilized condition and shift to H16(1 square up). Feastings Ravens(-5 Maze): Shift through Militia 1, Militia 5, Fredrock, Sprout, Eithal, Yishim, Mason's squares, end in G20(1 square up). 23 AC vs Militia 1, hit, 7 damage and 1 necrotic damage, taken by Fredrock, 13 AC vs Militia 5, miss, 24 AC vs Fredrock, hit, 9 damage and 4 necrotic damage, 13 AC vs Sprout, miss, 4 damage and 1 necrotic, no effect, 11 AC vs Eithal, miss, 4 damage, reduced to 0, 19 AC vs Yishim, hit, 7 damage and 3 necrotic damage, 17 AC vs Mason, hit, 8 damage and 3 necrotic damage.
AP: Feasting Ravens(-5 Maze): Shift through Eithal, Yshim, Mason, Toeto, Scarm, Salgyn, and Militia 5, end in E18(1 square up). 18 AC vs Eithal, miss, 4 damage and 1 necrotic, reduced to 0, 11 AC vs Yshim, miss, 5 damage and 1 necrotic, 18 AC vs Mason, hit, 8 damage and 3 necrotic damage, 14 AC vs Toeto, miss, 5 damage and 2 necrotic, 7 AC vs Scarm, miss, 4 damage and 2 necrotic, 13 AC vs Salgyn, miss, 4 damage, 8 AC vs Militia 5, miss.
Darting Flock: 9 AC vs Eithal, miss, 4 damage reduced to 0.

Unless they are moved out of the aura before their turns start, the following attacks will occur:
Beaks and Talons(-5 vs Eithal, -11 vs everyone else): 1 AC vs Scarm, miss, 3 damage and 1 necrotic, 14 AC vs Toeto, miss, 3 damage and 2 necrotic damage, 15 AC vs Salgyn, miss, 4 damage, 11 AC vs Fredrock, miss, 3 damage, 13 AC vs Sprout, miss, 5 damage and 2 necrotic, no effect, 20 AC vs Eithal, hit, 7 damage and 1 necrotic, reduced to 3 damage. (Note: I didn't apply this damage yet on the map, its listed in () in the Combatants sblock).[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Rerisen Storytelling of Ravens: E19(1 square up), 78 damage taken, marked(Eithal), -4 to attacks that don't include Eithal, -2 AC, -5 to attacks, Oath(Kaz), PCs heal 5 hp on hit
Rerisen Storytelling of Ravens: ?? Max HP, 18 AC, ?? Fort, 17 Ref, 16 Will. Vulnerable 5 Radiant, vulnerable 5 Blast/Burst. 1/2 damage from ranged/melee. MBA - Beaks and Talons: +9 vs AC, 1d4+6 damage + 1d4 necrotic damage, miss: 1/2 damage. Aura 1 - The Storytelling makes an MBA against any creature that starts its turn adjacent to the Storytelling.

Fredrock: H19, 21(24) damage taken
Eithal: H21, 20(23) damage taken, DR5
Kaz: I14, 12 damage taken
Yishim: G22, 22 damage taken, bloodied
Scarm: D18, 11(15) damage taken
Toeto: D21, 24(29) damage taken, bloodied
*Sprout: H20(1 square up)
Salgyn: E17, 4(8) damage taken
*Uyanmas: D6

[sblock=Militia]Militia 1: I18
Militia 2: D14
Militia 3: A15
Militia 4: B17
Militia 5: G18
Militia 10: C24
Militia 11: G25
Militia 12: D26
Militia 13: H27
Militia 14: B28
Militia 15: F29
Militia: Minion, 16 AC, 13 Fort, 13 Ref, 11 Will. MBA - Spear: +7 vs AC, 4 damage.
Militia lost: 4
Militia fled: 1[/sblock]

Mason: F23, 31 damage taken, bloodied
Mason: 43 Max hp, 17 AC, 16 Fort, 15 Ref, 15 Will. MBA: Mallet: +8 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage.
Status Key:
Name: Location, damage, THP, Save ends effect, EONT/SONT effect, Encounter effect[/sblock]

[sblock=Commanding NPCs]As a minor action, you may give the militia or the Mason a command, either a minor, move, or standard action. If they leave the right side of the map, they are out of the fight.

As a free action, you make take the damage for an adjacent Militia or, alternatively, when you take damage, you make make the Militia take it for you.[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain and Lighting]Difficult Terrain: All the gray and/or gray-green rocky areas south of the palisade are difficult terrain. The Palisade squares are all difficult terrain. Squares with wagon debris (B11, I8, and I20 areas) are difficult terrain. N20+ is a 2 square tall cliff face with a palisade atop it(DC 15 to climb).

Light: We'll assume the militia have lanterns so light isn't an issue.[/sblock]

Attachments

• TheTowerRound2.jpg
    TheTowerRound2.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Foul fiend, you shall not escape from this one that easily! Kaz says, trying to pull the ravens to him with divine power. He misses his mark however, and only fries some of them in the process. With a cry he speeds at his enemy, slicing up a few ravens with his huge axe.

[sblock=actions]
Kaz gets +6 damage EONT because of Censure of Persuit.

Standard: Abjure Undead 13 vs Will Miss 26+5/2 = 15 radiant damage. Kaz gains 5HP

Move:F18

ACTION POINT

Standard: Angelic Alacrity
19 vs AC (Kaz will pop elven accuracy if a miss, so I will assume a hit). 5 (reroll because of 1)+3+11/2 = 9 damage. Kaz gains 5HP.

Minor: Mason spends her second wind (if she has one), if she does not, I'll retcon this action.

[sblock=stat block]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 3, bloodied
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Low Light
AC:20, Fort:14, Reflex:15, Will:16
HP: 38/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:5/9
Action Points: 0
Basic Attack Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe+1, +5 vs AC, 1d12+2 damage (+1d12 on crit, 19-20 threat against undead, +1d6 when bloodied, reroll 1&2 damage)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy

Aspect of Might
Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe +1
Deathscarred boon

Conditions:
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.
If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage to next attack. (Censure of Pursuit)
Can shift through difficult terrain (wild step)
[/sblock][/sblock]

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: quick note: Fredrock's Battle resilience triggers on 1st attack that hits or misses him..so, 7 less damage from the 2nd attack (assuming the BR doesn't trigger on taking the damage for the militia). Only 14 damage..(and none even If I start my turn adjacent, as the 3 damage doesn't get thru the dr. but I was already down 4, so 18 total damage to Fredrock

note 2, I'm out of town on business, so I don't know if I'll get to do my turn before late Wednesday or not (should be able to, just finding the time..

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: I've got to post now, but please delay until after the first of those attacked by the aura is attacked. The attack will trigger Warden's Fury from Eithal.
"Oooh! Yew did NOT huht mah frayend!" Eithal's axe sweeps through the air, knocking a couple more ravens out of the air. Afterward, the scratching and pecking begins to tax Eithal's patience. The axe takes out another few ravens, and then Eithal gets an idea to buy her companions some time. She breaks off to stand in front of the palisades beating her chest, blond dreadlocks flying, "Yew wanna piece uh' ole Eithal!? Come an' git mih!"

[sblock=Actions]IR: Warden's Fury
Target: RRSoR
Attack: 1d20+10+2(Flanking)=28 vs. AC for (1d12+6)/2=7 damage
If hit: RRSoR grants CA to Eithal and all allies.

On Her Turn:
Free: Take 3 Damage
Free: Mark RRSoR
Standard: Strength of Stone
Target: RRSoR
Attack: 1d20+10+2(Flanking)=26 vs. AC for (1d12+6)/2=9 damage

If hit: Eithal gains 4thp

Move: to L25
OA: 1d20+9=25 vs. AC for 1d4+6+1d4(necrotic)-5(DR from SE)=3 damage

Total damage to RRSoR 16
Total damage to Eithal... 0 Hah!
[/sblock][sblock=Ministats]
Eithal Lemindt Arehei Female Goliath Warden Level 4
Initiative: +2
Speed 6
Passive Perception: 17; Passive Insight: 12; Senses: Normal
Powerful Athlete: Roll twice for Jump/Climb Athletics checks
AC: 20; Fort: 18; Reflex: 12; Will: 14
HP: 44/57 +1thp
Surge Value: 14; Surges left: 13/13
Action Points: 1

At Will Powers
:
:melee: Strength of Stone link
:melee: Thorn Strike link
:melee:Warden's Fury link
Warden's Grasp link

Encounter Powers:
:melee: Grasping Windslink
:melee: Relentless Panther Attack
link
:close: Burst of Earth's Fury link
Stone's Endurance link
Warden's Tempest link

Daily Powers:
Form of the Relentless Panther link

Feats:

Sudden Roots: Whenever Eithal hits an enemy with an Opportunity Attack, that enemy is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Crushing Earthstrength: When Eithal uses her second wind, she gains a +4 bonus to her weapon damage rolls until the end of her next turn.

Guard of Stone: While Eithal is under the effect of her stone’s endurance racial power, each enemy marked by Eithal takes an additional penalty to attack rolls for attacks that don’t include Eithal as a target. The penalty equals her Constitution modifier and lasts until the end of her next turn. [/sblock]

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
His scimitar still raised above his head, Salgyn strikes it with his riding crop, causing it to reverberate with a shimmering sound. As he backs a pace away from the cloud of ravens, he begins singing his high, undulating drone once again, harmonizing with the sword to emulate the sound of winds howling across an open plain...

And the winds rise in response. Yishim is simultaneously pushed back and reinvigorated by their bolstering force. A small twister rises near Fredrock, once again taking the shape of a wild stallion, and as the equine spirit rears back, Scarmiglione feels the wind's force at his back. The kenku's arm, compelled by the gale, moves of its own accord, launching his magic dagger into the heart of the swarm. His confidence, and that of the entire party is significantly bolstered as the blade beheads several of the fell fowl.

OOC: 12 HP for Yishim, 5 HP for Scarm, and the Storytelling grants CA till my EONT. Should anyone bloody the storytelling on their turn, Salgyn will grant them 4 THP.

@H.M.Gimlord - Don't forget, you regain 5 HP everytime you hit the storytelling now, and since it looks like you hit twice, you should have healed 10 on your turn.

@Iron Sky - Having a hard time understanding what size/shape this thing is. Does its shape fluctuate, or does it occupy a specific number of squares? Is it as tall as it is wide? Is the square marked on the combatants box the center of the swarm or an upper corner?

[sblock="Actions/Stat block"]Start= Take the 4 damage from the MBA

Minor= :close:Majestic Word on Yishim, he spends a surge, regains 12 HP and slides to H23

Move
= Shift to E16

Standard
= :close:Call Spirit Companion to H18

Free= Action Point

Standard= :melee:Claws of the Eagle = :branged:Scarmiglione makes an RBA vs. the storytelling (no OA due to Shadowdance Leather Armor) = hits for 6/2 = 3 damage, Storytelling grants CA till EOMyNT, and Scarm heals 5

End=

[sblock=stat block]Salgyn Khovalyg - Half-Elf Bard (Shaman) 4
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Salgyn_Khovalyg_(pacdidj)
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 21, Init: +3
AC: 19, Fort: 16, Reflex: 15, Will: 19
Speed: 5
HP: 35/43, Bloodied: 21, Surge Value: 10, Surges left: 7/10
Action Points: 0, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Harmonic Songblade Scimitar +4 vs AC, 1d8 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: none
At Will:
Staggering Note, War Song Strike, Call Spirit Companion, Virtue of Valor Versatile Chainmail
Encounter:
Twin Panthers, Dissonant Strain, Claws of the Eagle, Spirits Fangs, Majestic Word, Majestic Word, Words of Friendship, Second Wind
Daily:
Stirring Shout, Speak with Spirits, Nature Sense, Harmonic Songblade, Spring Renewal Totem
Combat notes:

Uyanmas - Riding Horse
HP: 36/36; AC: 14, Fort: 15, Ref: 13, Will: 10
Speed: 10
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Kick +4 vs. AC, 1d6+4 dmg
Combat notes:[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
OOC: IMPORTANT: Scarm is using his sneak in the attack power, which causes the next ally who hits the swarm with CA to do 2d6 extra damage. I'd like for this damage not to be halved, so it's best if Yishim goes just after Scarm, as he has area attacks.

"SQUAWK!" Once again the air fills with blue-white sparks, but this time they dance around in an especially chaotic manner, disrupting the swarm and providing an opening, should anyone take advantage of it.

[sblock=actions]Scarm heals 5 from granted basic attack and takes 4.

Standard: blazing starfall on ravens, vs ref, +CA. 1d20+8+2=27 1d4+10=14 hit for 14+5+5=24 radiant (I seem to have a talent for rolling 4s on a d4). Scarm regains 5 hp. Zone does 2 fire if the ravens leave it.

Minor: sneak in the attack on ravens. The next ally who has CA on the ravens and hits (before the start of my next turn) does 2d6 extra damage.

Move: shift to C17.

Scarm will take hits for NPCs until he's bloodied.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniKenku]Scarmiglione Male Kenku Rogue|Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:18, Will:18; Resist 5 psychic
HP:34/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:5/7
Action Points: 0
Blazing Starfall
Sly Flourish

Wave of Light
Low Slash
Sneak In the Attack
Second Wind

Shocking Magnetism
Shadowdance Armor (item)
Lucky Charm (item)

Phase of the Sun: At the start of my turn, each enemy adjacent to me takes 2 fire and radiant damage; resist 5 cold
Phase of the Moon: Bonus to AC equal to number of conscious adjacent enemies; resist 5 psychic
Phase of the Stars: Whenever an enemy's attack misses me, I can teleport 2 as a free action; resist 5 radiant

First Time Bloodied: Change immediately to next phase.

Conditions:

Full sheet: Scarmiglione[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Having a hard time understanding what size/shape this thing is. Does its shape fluctuate, or does it occupy a specific number of squares? Is it as tall as it is wide? Is the square marked on the combatants box the center of the swarm or an upper corner?

GM: Unfortunately, Masterplan doesn't let me post multiple tokens in the same space, so I put an overlay down.

The Storytelling is always Huge(3x3x3). The coordinate listed is the upper-left corner. Height is the distance from its lowest square to the ground. The black area in the center is where it actually is, the ravens indicate how far its aura reaches - perhaps overstepping the line between aesthetics and gameplay by obscuring critical game info... In the future I'll leave the "raven aura" overlays off.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Was the brief skill challenge an encounter? I'm wondering if it was a milestone.
Sorry if this was already answered; I didn't see it.

Remove ads