Beyond the Rerisen Tower(DM Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Using my system, 1 round skill challenges don't count as milestones, so this encounter will be the first milestone of the day.

OOC: None of this healing requires surges, right? I'm enjoying this immensely as a result!

Yishim reels from the raven's claws and talons, but the Kenku's healing reinvigorates him just as it places him out of the bird's reach.
Enough! Feel the raw power of magic, you demonic creatures, and be destroyed!

With this outburst, the air erupts in black tentacles, each grasping at individual ravens and squeezing the semblance of life from them. As Yishim moves further from the action, the Militia stabs another of the birds, just in time for Yishim to explode a fireball deep in their midst. Charred black feathers float to the ground.
[sblock=Actions]Standard: Grasping Shadows F19 2 squares up so as to miss ground-level combatants. Hits for 19+5 vulnerable = 24 damage. Flock is slowed TENT, and any creature that enters the area takes 5 psychic and is slowed TENT. Includes Sneak In the Attack Damage.
Move: D25
Minor: Command Militia in G18 to attack Militia vs. AC (1d20+7=25) Hits for 2 damage. I think the Aura will get him anyways, so at least he'll go down fighting.
AP: Scorching Burst on F19 vs. Reflex (1d20+7=17, 1d6+6=7) Hits for 7+5 vulnerable = 12.

And I pick up 10 HP from the two hits so I think that brings me back to full.[/sblock][sblock=Yishim Stat Block]Yishim- Male Human Wizard 3
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18, Fort:13, Reflex:18, Will:17, Resist 10 Force -- Speed:6
HP:29/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:3/6
Initiative +5
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Scorching Burst, Chilling Cloud, Phantom Bolt, Shield, Grasping Shadows, Maze of Mirrors, Orb of Deception, Phantom Chasm, Orb of Unintended Consequences, Brooch of Shielding[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Sprout, now floating a few feet off the ground, snaps at the storytelling a few times. He clamps down hard on one of the ravens and thrashes his head about, shaking the unlife out of it. Once it stills, he tosses it to the ground beside Fredrock. On impact, a bright green burst of energy radiates flows upward from the soil and irradiates the dwarf with healing warmth. The glow fades in a few moments and leaves behind a lush, if tiny, patch of weeds.

On the opposite side of the of the flock, Toeto is struggling to remain conscious despite her numerous injuries. Her wounds very slowly begin to close - a regenerative trait also possessed by some of the lesser lizards. To aid her recovery along, Toeto raises her totem and silently beseeches nearby spirits for their aid. She is immediately enveloped by a cloud of symbiotic spores for her efforts. It smells awful, but she appears much less injured after a few moments.

OOC: Fredrock spends 1 surge and heals to full. He'll still get hit by the MBA for 3 damage at the start of his turn though.

[sblock=Toeto stats/actions][sblock=actions]Minor: Lizardfolk Recovery (Longtooth Shifting). Toeto gains +2 damage rolls until the end of the encounter, and 2 regeneration while bloodied.

Standard: Spring Renewal Strike vs Storytelling hits? Fort 19 for 13/2=6 damage. I'll assume that hits. Fredrock can spend a surge and gain an additional 7 hp. Toeto gains 5 hp from the daily.

Minor: Healing Spirit on Toeto for surge + 5 and Fredrock for 8 (no surge).[/sblock][sblock=Spirit's Shield OA]Toeto can take OAs through her spirit companion if an enemy adjacent to it moves without shifting. The power is At-Will, +6 vs Reflex, 4 damage, and Effect: one ally within 5 squares of the companion regains 5 hp (8 if adjacent to the SC).[/sblock]Toeto - Female Lizardfolk Shaman 3
Initiative +3, Senses: Insight +5, Perception +10; low-light vision
HP 28/38; Bloodied 19, Surge Value 9, Surges 7/10
AC 18; Fortitude 16, Reflex 14, Will 17
Speed 5
Action Points 0

Conditions
2 regeneration while bloodied until end of encounter
+2 to damage rolls until end of encounter

Powers
Call Spirit Companion, Protecting Strike, Spirit's Shield, Voice of Battle
Certain Threat, Healing Spirit x2, Lizardfolk Recovery, Speak with Spirits, Spring Renewal Strike
Hungry Spirits Totem, Protective Roots, Spirit of the Healing Flood

Notes
Any ally adjacent to Toeto's spirit companion regains +3 additional hit points when he or she uses second wind or when Toeto uses a healing power on him or her.

[sblock=Spirit Companion rules]The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 11 or more damage from a single blow, and Toeto takes 6 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Toeto's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • It can move 5 squares whenever Toeto takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Just Fredrock left and Xeterog said he might not be able to post. I'll update tomorrow sometime - or rather, later today since it's 2:45am...

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: if someone else can have those 8 HP from the healing, it would work best there, as the healing surge +7 heals me up exactly

There seems to be a few less of these guys now...perhaps we can outlast the foul ravens.

[sblock=actions]
Start of Turn: 3 pts from the MBA and 5 from the aura bounce off the DR7 from Battle Resilience

Standard action: :melee:Iron Fist on Storytelling: Misses with a 13: Effect: DR4
Minor: Milita next to me stabs the swarm (I'll take the damage from the storytelling)
Storytelling MBA vs Milita = 8, miss, so 8/2 + 1/2 = 4 damage taken by fredrock, bouncing off the DR7)
Militia misses with a 10
Minor: milita next to me shifts down to H18

End of Turn: DR 7 goes away

[/sblock]

[sblock=Fredrock]
Effects: DR4

Will take damage for militia even if it drops me

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 3
Passive Perception: +15, Passive Insight: +20 Senses: Low-Light
Init +0, Speed:5
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:16, Will:18
HP 45/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:10/13
Action Points: 0/1, Power points 0/4
Powers-
:close:Battlemind Demand link
:melee:Mind Spike link
Blurred Step link
:melee:Bull's Strength link
:melee:Iron Fist link
:melee:Mist Weapon link
Second Wind link
Battle Resilience link
:close:Telepathic Challenge link
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony link

Item powers
deathscarred boon link
Dwarven Scale armor link

:melee:MBA +7 vs AC, 1d10+4 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA -0 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Return to the Tower, Round 3

As the party tears into the massive swarm, suddenly it convulses and five sickly blue-black spheres erupt from the hundreds of raven bodies that litter the ground, swirling out around the battle and unleashing arcs of necrotic energy.

Two of them strike down militia, the bodies reanimating as they hit the ground, the Rerisen Dead already moaning for blood as they climb back to their feet.

As the storytelling dives in towards the party, Eithal summons a blast of wind that pulls it away from the group and buffets them, breaking their cohesion and minimizing the damage they are able to do.

GM: OMFG. So, I tried to post and it said "invalid token" or something and... EnWorld ate the post I just spent the last hour or so working on. Not much more frustrating than that.

[sblock=Notes to players]I moved Kaz to F17 since F18 would have drawn an OA. Also noticed I had the Storytelling's coordinates wrong last turn.

I managed to forget even though you told me last round Xeterog. It's factored in now.

Eithal healed 10 since she hit it twice. She also got the 4 THP from bloodying it.

Re-posted from the first round: The Militia and Mason don't technically have turns, so they won't take attacks from the Storytelling while in the aura unless you activate them while they are adjacent to it.

Also, minions take no damage on a miss, so when the storytelling misses the militia, they're fine.

Salgyn's spirit companion is in H18, so I left Militia 5 where he was. Otherwise he wouldn't be adjacent to Fredrock anymore. Also, the 8 hp couldn't go to anyone else since you were the only PC adjacent to Sprout.[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Rerisen Storytelling of Ravens: <When Militia 5 attacks: Beaks and Talons(-2 marked): 14 AC, miss>
Mote Storm: 5 Death Motes form within 5 of the Storytelling. Break and Reform: The ravens remove the slowed condition. Feastings Ravens(-2 marked): Shift through Militia 5, Fredrock, Sprout, and Spirit Stallion's squares. 24 AC vs Militia 5, hit, 7 damage and 3 necrotic, taken by Fredrock, reduced to 6, AC 11 vs Fredrock, miss, 4 damage reduced to 0, 26 AC vs Sprout, hit, 9 damage and 3 necrotic, dispersed, Toeto takes 6 damage, 15 AC vs Spirit Stallion, miss, 3 damage and 1 necrotic, no effect. <Warden's Grasp activates when it attacks, pulling the Storytelling 1 square(1 square up), it can't shift and it's slowed ending it's attack>.
Darting Flock: 17 AC vs Yishim, miss, 4 damage.

Unless they are moved out of the aura before their turns start, the following attacks will occur:
Beaks and Talons(-2 marked): 26 AC vs Fredrock, hit, 8 damage and 3 necrotic, reduced to 7 damage, 23 AC vs Spirit Stallion, hit, 10 damage and 3 necrotic, dispersed, Salgyn takes 10 damage.(Note: I didn't apply this damage yet on the map, its listed in () in the Combatants sblock).

Death Mote 1: Fly to F27(5 squares up), Deathly Arc: 15 Fort vs Militia 11, hit, dead.
Death Mote 2: Rerisen Host(Immediate Reaction, when Militia 11 killed): Rerisen Dead 1 arises in Militia 11's square, stunned TENT.
Death Mote 3: Fly to I14(5 squares up), Deathly Arc: 16 Fort vs Militia 3, hit, dead.
Death Mote 4: Fly to C20, Deathly Arc: 24 Fort vs Scarm, hit, 5 necrotic damage.
Death Mote 5: Rerisen Host(Immediate Reaction, when Militia 2 killed): Rerisen Dead 2 arises in Militia 2's square, stunned TENT.

Rerisen Dead 1: Stand.
Rerisen Dead 2: Stand.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Rerisen Storytelling of Ravens: G19(1 square up), 157 damage taken, bloodied, marked(Eithal), Oath(Kaz), PCs heal 5 hp on hit
Rerisen Storytelling of Ravens: ?? Max HP, 18 AC, 15 Fort, 17 Ref, 16 Will. Vulnerable 5 Radiant, vulnerable 5 Blast/Burst. 1/2 damage from ranged/melee. MBA - Beaks and Talons: +9 vs AC, 1d4+6 damage + 1d4 necrotic damage, miss: 1/2 damage. Aura 1 - The Storytelling makes an MBA against any creature that starts its turn adjacent to the Storytelling.

Death Mote 1: F27(5 squares up)
Death Mote 2: I25(5 squares up)
Death Mote 3: I14(5 squares up)
Death Mote 4: C20(5 squares up)
Death Mote 5: K21(5 squares up)
Death Mote: Minion, 15 AC, 12 Fort, 15 Ref, 14 Will.

Rerisen Dead 1: G25, dazed
Rerisen Dead 2: A15, dazed
Rerisen Dead: Minion, 14 AC, 14 Fort, 12 Ref, 12 Will. MBA: Slam - +6 vs AC, 5 damage and push 1.

Fredrock: H19, 6(13) damage taken, DR4
Eithal: K24, 13 damage taken, 4 THP
Kaz: F17, 7 damage taken
Yishim: D25, 4 damage taken
Scarm: C17, 10 damage taken
Toeto: D21, 18 damage taken, +2 damage, regen 2 bloodied
Salgyn: E16, 8(18) damage taken
*Uyanmas: D6

[sblock=Militia]Militia 1: I18
Militia 3: A15
Militia 4: B17
Militia 5: G18
Militia 10: C24
Militia 12: D26
Militia 13: H27
Militia 14: B28
Militia 15: F29
Militia: Minion, 16 AC, 13 Fort, 13 Ref, 11 Will. MBA - Spear: +7 vs AC, 4 damage.
Militia lost: 6
Militia fled: 1[/sblock]

Mason: F23, 21 damage taken, +2 defenses
Mason: 43 Max hp, 17 AC, 16 Fort, 15 Ref, 15 Will. MBA: Mallet: +8 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage. Second Wind

Status Key:
Name: Location, damage, THP, Save ends effect, EONT/SONT effect, Encounter effect[/sblock]

[sblock=Commanding NPCs]As a minor action, you may give the militia or the Mason a command, either a minor, move, or standard action. If they leave the right side of the map, they are out of the fight.

As a free action, you make take the damage for an adjacent Militia or, alternatively, when you take damage, you make make the Militia take it for you.[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain and Lighting]Difficult Terrain: All the gray and/or gray-green rocky areas south of the palisade are difficult terrain. The Palisade squares are all difficult terrain. Squares with wagon debris (B11, I8, and I20 areas) are difficult terrain. N20+ is a 2 square tall cliff face with a palisade atop it(DC 15 to climb).

Light: We'll assume the militia have lanterns so light isn't an issue.[/sblock]

Attachments

• TheTowerRound3.jpg
    TheTowerRound3.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Xeterog

Explorer
Damn, turning our own against us...still, these ravens are thinning out..perhaps they won't be around much longer...one can only hope. You, there, don't just stand around, make sure your former companion doesn't do us any harm!And you, engage that other rerisen dead. Fredrock barks out some orders, hoping to distract the milita from the horror more than anything else.

[sblock=tactics]someone should have M13 attack RRD1, I moved him into position[/sblock]

[sblock=actions]
Start of Turn: take the MBA and 7 pts of damage.
Standard action: :melee:Iron Fist on Storytelling: CRIT: 16/2 = 8 damage: Effect: DR4, heal 5hp
Minor: Militia 2 Charge RRD 2 (map shows him in G14, coordiantes show him in A15..whichever one it actually is..), Hit: RRD2 is 'dead'
Minor: Militia in H27, move to G26
[/sblock]

[sblock=Fredrock]
Effects: DR4
down 8 hp
Will take damage for militia even if it drops me

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 3
Passive Perception: +15, Passive Insight: +20 Senses: Low-Light
Init +0, Speed:5
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:16, Will:18
HP 37/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:10/13
Action Points: 0/1, Power points 0/4
Powers-
:close:Battlemind Demand link
:melee:Mind Spike link
Blurred Step link
:melee:Bull's Strength link
:melee:Iron Fist link
:melee:Mist Weapon link
Second Wind link
Battle Resilience link
:close:Telepathic Challenge link
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony link

Item powers
deathscarred boon link
Dwarven Scale armor link

:melee:MBA +7 vs AC, 1d10+4 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA -0 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal attempts to distract the birds from Fredrock, "Ovah heah!" she runs in toward the swarm swinging her axe threateningly as one of the melitia joins the fray, albeit unsuccessfully, "Donchew tuch thayat dwahf!"

Thayat oughta git theyah 'tenshun.

Satisfied in her distraction, she retreats to her position hoping to lure the birds away,...and it works...a little too well. The birds make the price of distraction a little higher than the goliath was expecting, as they tear flesh from her back, "Ooooooowch!"[sblock=Actions]Move: to I21

Free: Mark RRSoR

Minor: Melitia
Target: RRSoR
Attack: 1d20+7+2(Flanking)=15(forgot to add +2 in roll) vs. AC Miss.

Move: to K25
OA: 1d20+9=27 vs. AC for 1d4+6+1d4(necrotic)=11 damage

[/sblock][sblock=Ministats]
Eithal Lemindt Arehei Female Goliath Warden Level 4
Initiative: +2
Speed 6
Passive Perception: 17; Passive Insight: 12; Senses: Normal
Powerful Athlete: Roll twice for Jump/Climb Athletics checks
AC: 20; Fort: 18; Reflex: 12; Will: 14
HP: 34/57
Surge Value: 14; Surges left: 13/13
Action Points: 1

At Will Powers
:
m.gif
Strength of Stone link
m.gif
Thorn Strike link
m.gif
Warden's Fury link
Warden's Grasp link

Encounter Powers:
m.gif
Grasping Windslink
m.gif
Relentless Panther Attack
link
c.gif
Burst of Earth's Fury
link
Stone's Endurance link
Warden's Tempest link

Daily Powers:
Form of the Relentless Panther link

Feats:

Sudden Roots: Whenever Eithal hits an enemy with an Opportunity Attack, that enemy is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Crushing Earthstrength: When Eithal uses her second wind, she gains a +4 bonus to her weapon damage rolls until the end of her next turn.

Guard of Stone: While Eithal is under the effect of her stone’s endurance racial power, each enemy marked by Eithal takes an additional penalty to attack rolls for attacks that don’t include Eithal as a target. The penalty equals her Constitution modifier and lasts until the end of her next turn. [/sblock]

Remove ads