• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Beyond the Rerisen Tower(DM Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Yishim has spent many long hours in the Daunton library studying dungeon wall formations. This education comes into use when identifying appropriate handholds so as to not put too much pressure on weak areas of the cliff. Unfortunately, natural rock does not follow the same rules as carved tunnels, and his guidance is of little help.

Mewness

First Post
Scarmiglione once again fades away into the mist, hoping to give any pursuers a nasty surprise.

OOC: Sorry about the slowness of response. Wasn't feeling very well yesterday.

Stealth 1d20+13=24

MY rolls go up to eleven. That's three in a row.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
While Eithal and Yishim begin plotting a route up the cliffs, Kaz and Toeto look for other ways out, Salgyn tries without success to find their pursuers and Scarm hides in wait for them and Fredrock endures the weathering mists, helping wherever needed.

The dense mists wear on the group despite Salgyn's magic wardings and most of the group is caught by surprise when the attack begins, unknown creatures attacking from the fog.

Eithal spots the figures first from her place on the wall and leaps down, weapons ready. Fredrock, Toeto, and Scarm look around for the threat.

GM: Eithal(Athletics): 4 pts - Eithal readies weapons and rolls initiative for the surprise round. She also grants everyone one action to ready themselves with a weapon, implement, or shield
Fredrock(Endurance, 3rd use): 2 pts - Fredrock may make a 21 Perception OR Insight check to act in the surprise round
Kaz(Perception): 1 pt - Kaz - Kaz is surprised
Toeto(Perception): 2 pts - Toeto may makea 21 Perception OR Insight check to act in the surprise round
Salgyn(Insight): -1 pts + 1(Ritual) = 0 pts - Salgyn is surprised
Yishim(Dungeoneering): 0 pts - Yishim is surprised
Scarm(Stealth): 2 pts - Scarm may make a 21 Perception OR Insight check to act in the surprise round.

Total: 11 pts(Minor Success) - Each member of the group loses a healing surge or suffers -1 to attack rolls and skill checks for the duration of the upcoming combat from prolonged exposure to the mists.

Skill challenge success.

I don't have time to get the combat up yet and probably won't until late tonight or tomorrow evening some time.

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Perception to avoid surprise 1d20+7=18 nope. Aaaand yet another 11.

Edit: I guess I'll lose the surge. Aarrrgh.[/sblock]
[sblock=Edit: MiniKenku]Scarmiglione Male Kenku Rogue|Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:18, Will:18; Resist 5 psychic
HP:34/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:4/7
Action Points: 1
Blazing Starfall
Sly Flourish

Wave of Light
Low Slash
Sneak In the Attack
Second Wind

Shocking Magnetism
Shadowdance Armor (item)
Lucky Charm (item)

Phase of the Sun: At the start of my turn, each enemy adjacent to me takes 2 fire and radiant damage; resist 5 cold
Phase of the Moon: Bonus to AC equal to number of conscious adjacent enemies; resist 5 psychic
Phase of the Stars: Whenever an enemy's attack misses me, I can teleport 2 as a free action; resist 5 radiant

First Time Bloodied: Change immediately to next phase.

Conditions:

Full sheet: Scarmiglione[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Though not surprised, Eithal arrives a little late to land the first blow.
OOC: 1d20+2=8 I guess this means I'm not going first.

Eithal will lose a healing surge.
[sblock=Ministats]
Eithal Lemindt Arehei Female Goliath Warden Level 4
Initiative: +2
Speed 6
Passive Perception: 17; Passive Insight: 12; Senses: Normal
Powerful Athlete: Roll twice for Jump/Climb Athletics checks
AC: 20; Fort: 18; Reflex: 12; Will: 14
HP: 57/57
Surge Value: 14; Surges left: 9/13
Action Points: 1

At Will Powers
:
:melee: Strength of Stone link
:melee: Thorn Strike link
:melee:Warden's Fury link
Warden's Grasp link

Encounter Powers:
:melee: Grasping Windslink
:melee: Relentless Panther Attack
link
:close: Burst of Earth's Fury link
Stone's Endurance link
Warden's Tempest link

Daily Powers:
Form of the Relentless Panther link

Feats:

Sudden Roots: Whenever Eithal hits an enemy with an Opportunity Attack, that enemy is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Crushing Earthstrength: When Eithal uses her second wind, she gains a +4 bonus to her weapon damage rolls until the end of her next turn.

Guard of Stone: While Eithal is under the effect of her stone’s endurance racial power, each enemy marked by Eithal takes an additional penalty to attack rolls for attacks that don’t include Eithal as a target. The penalty equals her Constitution modifier and lasts until the end of her next turn. [/sblock]

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: will lose a HS, leaving me with 8 left....hey, can we use that 'heroic effort' (lose a HS to get +1 to a roll during the skill challenge) here? if so, I'll use it to not be surprised. If not, I am surprised.

Fredrock quickly pulls his shield out, ready for the combat to come.
[sblock=Fredrock]
Will take damage for militia even if it drops me

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 3
Passive Perception: +15, Passive Insight: +20 Senses: Low-Light
Init +0, Speed:5
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:16, Will:18
HP 45/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:8/13
Action Points: 1/2, Power points 4/4
Powers-
:close:Battlemind Demand link
:melee:Mind Spike link
Blurred Step link
:melee:Bull's Strength link
:melee:Iron Fist link
:melee:Mist Weapon link
Second Wind link
Battle Resilience link
:close:Telepathic Challenge link
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony link

Item powers
deathscarred boon link
Dwarven Scale armor link

:melee:MBA +7 vs AC, 1d10+4 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA -0 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION] - I would like to use Nature Sense here, even though it won't affect Salgyn's initiative at all. It'll still give everyone +4 to all defenses in the surprise round.

I'll lose the surge rather than take the roll penalty.

And I'm on vacation this week as well, so definitely reduced posting for me. Please feel free to NPC or assign Salgyn's actions to someone if I haven't posted in a couple of days.

[sblock=stat block]Salgyn Khovalyg - Half-Elf Bard (Shaman) 4
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Salgyn_Khovalyg_(pacdidj)
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 21, Init: +3
AC: 19, Fort: 16, Reflex: 15, Will: 19
Speed: 5
HP: 40/43, Bloodied: 21, Surge Value: 10, Surges left: 10/10
Action Points: 1, Milestones: 1
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Harmonic Songblade Scimitar +4 vs AC, 1d8 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: none
At Will:
Staggering Note, War Song Strike, Call Spirit Companion, Virtue of Valor, Versatile Chainmail
Encounter:
Twin Panthers, Dissonant Strain, Claws of the Eagle, Spirits Fangs, Majestic Word, Majestic Word, Words of Friendship, Second Wind
Daily:
Stirring Shout, Speak with Spirits, Nature Sense, Harmonic Songblade, Spring Renewal Totem
Combat notes:

Uyanmas - Riding Horse
HP: 36/36; AC: 14, Fort: 15, Ref: 13, Will: 10
Speed: 10
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Kick +4 vs. AC, 1d6+4 dmg
Combat notes: [/sblock]

Remove ads