• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

Also, my understanding is Larian has some goodwill rep because they did the same with DoS2? Changed and upgraded the ending, I mean.
They re-did pretty much the entire game. The definitive edition is kind of incredible - they re-wrote and re-recorded 250k lines of dialogue, for example (which I think was the vast majority of the dialogue in the game).

And yeah that cut them some slack too, though perhaps created unrealistic expectations about how soon BG3 might see the same.
Also, it's Space Skyrim ... and I found Skyrim overwhelming. As much fun as it was, the thought of reloading it and reinstalling all those mods ...
I'll be interested to see how the mod situation plays out given it's on Game Pass, and whilst Game Pass has I think made it technically possible to mod their games, it ain't trivial (or wasn't last I checked).

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
I'll be interested to see how the mod situation plays out given it's on Game Pass, and whilst Game Pass has I think made it technically possible to mod their games, it ain't trivial (or wasn't last I checked).
I am probably not alone in looking to play it once vanilla on Game Pass and if I love it then purchase it on Steam.

I am probably not alone in looking to play it once vanilla on Game Pass and if I love it then purchase it on Steam.
Especially as MS seems to be gearing up to try and use this big release as an opportunity to get a lot more people on Game Pass then turn it into more of a rip-off lol.

I had no invis. I ran the Barb up to the patio. Used the mushrooms to work my way down to the ground (ouch) and into the back door. She got hurt a lot but oh well.
I used TBM to Witchbolt them and walk back into cover, then "kill" them safely. Then I realized you can just throw anti-magic flowers at them, if you have some spares from the big tree.

Sparta kicking Bernard off the tower was deeply satisfying, especially the way he lived and just rode the elevator back up!

TheSword

Legend
Anybody finding that AOE magic is much less useful. Enemies across act 1 and 2 seem to be far more spread out over large areas. Enemies have large numbers of very efficient ranger weapon attacks which makes control spells like spike growth, entangle, evards black tentacles etc far less effective. Particularly with all the jumping enemies can do.

I find myself casting Magic missile leveled up more than any other spell - which feels wrong for a high level wizard.

I’m pretty sure the most effective group in this game would be a load of martials - particularly with the huge volume of armour and weapons and the lack of wands and staves.

On a positive side I do find myself using lighting bolt quite a bit in conjunction with misty step as they seem to have ignored the bonus spell/cantrip rule. Excellent as lightning bolt ignores my friends for some reason. Maybe that’s all we need to do to make lightning bolt popular again!

Scribe

Legend
Anybody finding that AOE magic is much less useful. Enemies across act 1 and 2 seem to be far more spread out over large areas. Enemies have large numbers of very efficient ranger weapon attacks which makes control spells like spike growth, entangle, evards black tentacles etc far less effective. Particularly with all the jumping enemies can do.

I find myself casting Magic missile leveled up more than any other spell - which feels wrong for a high level wizard.

I’m pretty sure the most effective group in this game would be a load of martials - particularly with the huge volume of armour and weapons and the lack of wands and staves.

On a positive side I do find myself using lighting bolt quite a bit in conjunction with misty step as they seem to have ignored the bonus spell/cantrip rule. Excellent as lightning bolt ignores my friends for some reason. Maybe that’s all we need to do to make lightning bolt popular again!
Gale exists to cast fireball at opportune times. It's all I ask of him.

Thunderwave works well and shatter is amazing. I used shatter against the bandit in the old crypt ruins. Took most out on turn 1

Remove ads