• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

Man, I must be some sort of tactical whatever the opposite of "savant" is
So far as I can tell, it’s hard unless you use higher elevation. I can’t tell if it’s doing Advantage (highest of 2 rolls) for up and Disadvantage (lowest of 2 rolls) for below shooting up, but goven the results, that seems to be the case. I guess that’s 5e RAW (literally don’t recall it coming up as a player in the like 10-15 times I’ve played 5e), but that math is extreme. Since 3D/elevation is EVERYWHERE in BG3, I guess it’s super important. I’m used to DMing and playing 3.5e, where height is just +2, but cover and concealment are important. In earlier editions, I don’t remember the elevation rules, but “must climb as high as possible before or at the start of every fight” isn’t how any group I was with played.

And/or exploding barrels, dropping chandeliers. dipping weapons in candles to add Fire, and other environmental effects. To me, that’s video game stuff, like Divinity 2, also from Larian.

And, yeah, unlike older versions of D&D, BG3 is move, act, move some more. Step up, fire from high up, step back.

Th
Finally got Jaheria and I don’t know who to kick to the curb.

Shadowheart I guess who’s such a good rank and healer and stick Jaheria on as my healer.

This 4 slot crap really sucks. I just need 1 more slot. Maybe 2 so Astarion can tag along
Someone needs to make an "Everyone Comments!" Mod like Wrath of the Righteous. Then everyone can chime into every situation even if they are not in the party!

Shadowheart I guess who’s such a good rank and healer and stick Jaheria on as my healer.

This 4 slot crap really sucks. I just need 1 more slot. Maybe 2 so Astarion can tag along
You do realise you can swap party members in and out at almost any time? Jalhera's content is in Wyms Crossing and the lower city.

FOMO really is the enemy of enjoying BG3. You could have a party size of 9 and you would still miss a ton of stuff.

Last edited:

So far as I can tell, it’s hard unless you use higher elevation.
Elevation helps, but I wouldn't say it the main thing unless you have a bunch of archers. I would say "make the enemy use their action to dash" is the key tactical point.

Or maybe "it's not about doing damage, it's about taking out threats".

Last edited:

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter

Jaheira adds a lot to Act 3 in general. Shadowheart has one great Act 3 quest. Keep in mind you can re-spec any character to be a better mechanical fit.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
You do realise you can swap party members in and out at almost any time? Jalhera's content is in Wyms Crossing and the lower city.

FOMO really is the enemy of enjoying BG3. You could have a party size of 9 and you would still miss a ton of stuff.
I want her in my party because it’s frickin Jaheria. Same with Minsc.

I played BG1 and 2 when they were new and the classic characters hit me right in the nostalgia button.

Those 2 were always in my parties in the classic games.

Last edited:

Ok so last night one of my many playthroughs playing as an evil duergar. The amount of detail for an alter probably rare choice is insane

First I took out Karlach and I took whyll to the grove battle. The lines you can tell zevlor before basically becoming Anakin are stunning. I’m not even going into detail with your new companion

The writing and just wow is mind blowing

Get these people to start writing scripts for Hollywood

I did hear a rumor that Netflix wants this as live action show (reputable source) but I can’t see it working

Last edited:

I want her in my party because it’s frickin Jaheria. Same with Minsc.

I played BG1 and 2 when they were new and the classic character hit me right in the nostalgia button.

Those 2 were always in my parties in the classic games.
Then take Jaheria and only include Sahdowheart for the Shadowheart quest. Minsc, you are unlikely to unlock until near the end of the game anyway.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Then take Jaheria and only include Sahdowheart for the Shadowheart quest. Minsc, you are unlikely to unlock until near the end of the game anyway.
It SH is so damn useful. She has like a 21 AC and healing with bonus having with bonus temp HP just coming out of her ears.

I may just have to not replace Laz’eal in my core group but she is also so dang awesome after gearing her up

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads